Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is there a high school like this???
Previous  1  2

watergirl

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:30 am
Another vote for Skokie Yeshiva (Hebrew Theological College). I cant speak highly enough about it.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 9:40 am
BetsyTacy wrote:
I am not familiar with these LA schools but all I can say is that a school listing chemistry as a course does not a college-prep school make. Is it a joke class or a serious one? Does the teacher have the proper background to teach it? How did the students who took chemistry there feel once they had to take college level chem?

All schools look amazing on paper. Talking to alumni and their parents is the best way to know how successful the school was in their college prep.

If any high school does not offer chemistry, run as fast and as far as you can to get away from it. That's a basic course required for a high school diploma.

studying_torah

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:03 pm
Not op, can someone clarify which schools are in NY/NJ please?

SpottedBanana

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 1:05 pm
MTA is in NY, RTMA and TABC are in NJ (MTA and RTMA are significantly more RW than TABC though all three fall squarely under the MO banner.)

saralem

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 2:24 pm
The Mesivta in Bala Cynwyd.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 4:14 pm
The Mesivta Bala Cynwyd (Philadelphia) web site https://www.themesivta.org
There is also Yesodei High School in Elkins Park, also near Philly, that is a high school of Landers College (Touro) for Yeshiva kids who may want to go to college.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Aug 07 2018, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
Yeshiva Ohavei Torah Of Riverdale might meet your needs. I don't know the mix of studies, but the boys are expected to go to college.

I was going to mention this one.
Eta: that it's in Riverdale, NY (Bronx)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children