Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
String beans

Maryann

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 8:40 am
Anyone have a delicious receipe? Thanks!

ttbtbm

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 9:09 am
Simple can be delish!
Trim the ends. Drop into boiling water for 4 minutes (or until desired doneness). Remove and blanch in cold water.
Then either toss with olive oil and salt or to jazz them up a bit more briefly toss in a hot pan with soy sauce, a bit of olive oil and a sprinkling of brown sugar.

samantha87

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 9:15 am
Google "green bean almondine," there are many versions. Mine is to blanch the beans, shock them with cold water, while at the same time sauteing an onion in olive oil. Put the beans in the pan with the onion, and season with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice. Toasted almonds are a nice addition, if there is time.

Also, check out this simple salad: http://www.marthastewart.com/8.....rette

cbg

Post Fri, Jul 07 2017, 10:37 am
I make them very simple.

In a pan I put 11/2 tsp of avocado oil. Sometimes I do it with no oil.
I let it get very hot.
I put the raw the raw stringbeans in.
I add salt, generously.
I sautée them on high heat until I see they are getting a little brown on the edges. This could take about 5-6 minutes.
Then I take a little less than 1/4 cup of water, for about 2 lbs stringbeans.
Add it to the pan and cover. Keep it on high heat and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes, it should still be crunchy but not raw tasting.
Then I take off the cover and let the liquid reduce depending on how dry I want it. I like a little liquid since the liquid is a little brown an yummy from the carmelization of the beans.
I transfer to a disposable pan and add A LOT of dehydrated onions.
Serve room temp since I like them crunchy.
If you like your onions crunchy only add befor serving.

One pan. Super easy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes