Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Bedbugs?

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:22 am
Was staying at hotel and woke up to find some bites on my arm and opposite leg. I had a clear, tini bug on my hand (compare to the lymph stage?). When I tried to take it picture, it crawled to fast. I knocked it onto the sheet, hoping to get a picture that way, and I lost it.

I told the front desk and checked out with a full refund. Do I assume it was bedbugs and get rid of everything I had on me at this hotel stay?

Is there another way to make sure I don't bring home the infestation (if it is)?

I took the train here. Could it have come from the train? Could it have been from the taxi I took? Or maybe from the walk outside in the grass? Maybe it wasn't a bedbug?

Is there a way to know? And what should I do? I need to be in this area another night.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:26 am
Close up of the bites on my arm.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 5:41 am
You can't really tell from the bites themselves.
The only way to know for sure would be to lift up the mattress where you were staying/inspect the room.
Since you've already checked out, I'm assuming there's not much you can do.
You can get them from a train, taxi, etc though.

If you were feeling really panicked, you can put all your possessions that will hold up in an industrial dryer at a laundromat for 25+ min. This kills all the larvae and bugs, but obviously it only works for things you can put through the dryer.
If you were feeling really really panicked you can put those belongings that won't fit/can't go into the dryer into double garbage bags and then wait ~1+ years.

Maybe your best bet is to go back and check with the hotel, as it's a lot of effort if you have non dryer friendly things with you that you like.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 7:25 am
You mention it was a clear bug? They are reddish brownish the bugs. I suggest dry everything u can and what u cant u can bag and leave in the sun on a day thats 90 degrees for a whole day and that should kill it.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 2:12 am
you can also take non dryer-able stuff to the cleaners
other things (non clothes items like books) can be left in a sealed bag for an extended period of time. I dont remember off hand exactly how long but it may be like 3 months or so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics