Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
How many times did you read/see Harry Potter?
Previous  1  2  3

wazup

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:18 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Na. The real proof is if you made a new account if you didn't like what you got. LOL

And... Do you own anything in your house colors or with its crest?

That was me! Made a new account until I was sorted into Gryffindor embarrassed

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 1:20 pm
wazup wrote:
That was me! Made a new account until I was sorted into Gryffindor embarrassed

I was sorted in the right house, in Hogwarts and Ilvermorny, but I hate my patronus.

Unfortunately, when I tried a new account the house sorting got messed up.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 3:38 pm
None, never. I know myself and would probably get addicted. Instead I sit on imamother or play solitaire.
(Anon because I must be the only one.)

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 3:41 pm
none.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
none.

Same. Totally not interested. I went with a friend to see one of the movies, and I slept through most of it.

dani'smommy

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 3:58 pm
I've seen each movie only once, but I've read the entire series at least 7 times. I enjoy it every single time.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 4:16 pm
I've read the first four many many times. The fifth once, never the rest.
I have read Fantastic Beasts a couple times.
I've seen the first two movies once or twice.
I've basically missed anything that's happened in the last ten years since I got married and moved to Israel.

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 6:12 pm
Zero

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 8:02 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I read The Hobbit and am not tempted to continue.

It had very little humor and I did not relate to the characters or their adventures.

HP is so much more realistic. (I am not a fantasy nerd at heart. Just a nerd.)

I actually liked LOTR much better than The Hobbit. But I am a fantasy nerd Smile

Harry Potter- read too many times to count. I also grew up with them and read each as they came out. I watched only the first four or five movies, till I quit movies, but I did feel like the movies were a travesty to the books.

mfb

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 9:54 pm
Never

Roots

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 5:52 am
I absolutely LOVE everything to do with harry potter. I read all of them countless times. watched all the movies, ever since I was like in 7th grade.
my husband cant be convinced to read it at all, he wont even watch the movies!! iits annoying cuz I quote passages from the movie from time to time and he doesnt evn get what im saying lol.
but between my siblings.. as someone said above, like a sugya in the gemara (lehavdil lol)

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:16 am
@Chayalle: Much of the magical universe of HP is based on old magical lore; I would assume LOR is too. Some of the creatures and curses are even referenced in the Gemara, like the phoenix (such a dear, that Fawkes),the Avada kedavra unforgivable curse (in Aramaic, I will destroy as I have spoken, ) there's more, but Merlin's beard, it escapes me now.

Point is, Rowling used ancient legends to create an absolutely brilliant world. Most of the spell names are based on Latin and even many character names mean something.

And best part is, it all makes perfect sense.

On another note, this thread needs a spinoff for favorite HP spell. The jellyleg curse mentioned upthread is a nice start. Personally, I need Mrs Weasley to give some housekeeping tips. I love her mid-air potato chopping. Geshikt to the highest order!

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 2:11 pm
I just reread the books recently, and I have a question that I haven't seen posted anywhere on the web.
At the end of deathly hallows - at the battle in Hogwarts....Harry suddenly appears (he's been hidden under the invisibility cloak) to duel Voldemort.
1) Voldemort doesn't act at all surprised, even though Narcissa had confirmed that he was dead 2) after about 6 tries (throughout the books), Voldemort still doesn't seem to realize he can't kill Harry.
Thoughts?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics