Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Wondering what the going rate is for kallah classes.
1  2  Next

bumpkin2

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:49 am
How much have you seen kallah teachers charge, and at what rate type (for example: per hour, per class, or flat fee)? How many classes does this include, how long are the classes, and do the teachers provide learning materials, etc?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:50 am
Two years ago, flat fee of $600 for Kallah classes for my sister, in Lakewood. Teacher was/is excellent.

smileforamile

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:08 am
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:20 am
Not allowed to pay. French.

Chocomama

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:24 am
wow! that's a lot of $$. I just bought mine a fancy vase and flowers. At costs like that why not just read a book?!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:38 am
This came up on another thread. There is a wide variety of practices.
If you are a kallah teacher wondering how to price, ask some women you respect from say, mikvah advisory boards. If you are in a community, as opposed to a big city, there might be standard prices The head of ours told me the acceptable range local teachers are allowed to charge.
If you are wondering how much to pay, get a number or range from the kallah teacher. It's not fair or good for shalom for her to tell you pay whatever you think she's worth. Unless you are in a community where people just give gifts (chances are you would need a time machine for that Wink ) or teachers don't charge.

If applicable, mazel tov!

kiryat sefer

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:42 am
$500-1200

CDL

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:52 am
Just A follow up after the wedding? My Kallah teacher, as well as others I know, are available for any and all issues and support for as long and as frequently as necessary. Some Kallahs need minimal help, while some unfortunately have a lot of issues or just need more handholding. I think this has influenced the pricing structure a lot. It used to be after the classes, that was it. People didn't pay, and bought a gift. Now, Kallah teachers help a lot after, (can include speaking to rabbonim on our behalf, speaking to chassan teacher, helping with Mikvah logistics and arrangements, moral support with miscarriages / infertility, first person to be contacted if abuse (or bedroom anxiety/OCD is suspected, etc.) and with so much more work involved there is a (high?) fee. In my opinion, it is worthwhile to spend more money and get a Kallah teacher who offers a lot of "handholding". many, many kallahs needs this, as can be seen from threads on this forum.

fiji

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 12:37 pm
I paid $500 for about ten lessons.. In monsey

watergirl

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 12:51 pm
I'm taking a kallah teacher course now thats taught by Tehilla Abramov. She is very insistant that a teacher is not allowed to charge. It's very interesting because many teachers I know who are certified by her do in fact charge, and quite a bit at that. My husband wants me to charge, so when the time comes, I'm going to ask my own shaila about it.

Last edited by watergirl on Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

bumpkin2

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:04 pm
@watergirl

did not see the second part of your post.

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:08 pm
The Kallah teachers I know take 700-1000 for 7-9 lessons and follow up after wedding

Many say it's a "suggested" fee but it is understood that their rate is up to
Communal standards.

This is in BPark where ppl spend a fortune on weddings & it always upsets me when someone starts with the fees of the teachers. The excellent ones are so excellent that they deserve every penny and then some. At least as much as these families would pay for the caterer's package upgrade or brocade linen...

sgr

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 4:10 pm
I paid $450 for my daughter in Crown heights for 8 classes and a follow up after the wedding excellent teacher always available for her brides before and after the wedding

sgr

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 4:13 pm
I paid $450 for my daughter in Crown heights for 8 classes and a follow up after the wedding excellent teacher always available for her brides before and after the wedding

Jewishwoman25

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 5:19 pm
Why would you give so much time and NOT charge? What is her reason to do it for free?

newface34

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 7:10 pm
Paid $650 3 years ago. 6 or 8 classes I don't remember. I still text her to this day when I have questions. I also read a book beforehand... books aren't same when it comes to the laws of nidda.

lora

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 7:54 pm
I paid $800 9 classes, Brooklyn

Pickle1

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:30 pm
$800 in lakewood 10 classes (well known, saught after kallah teacher)

dina22

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:41 am
Chocomama wrote:
wow! that's a lot of $$. I just bought mine a fancy vase and flowers. At costs like that why not just read a book?!

Because as a kallah, you need a teacher, a mentor. A book isn't going to cut it, as it's not just about pure Halacha. You pay a lot of money for a lot of time being given and being taught lovingly by someone who you call quite a few times after your married. They are providing a service and should be paid as such.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 5:31 am
I don't know anyone who calls a KT after marriage. I guess you could, but their role in my world is to teach you pre marriage. But yes, French KTs devote hours to you, have a few books they buy, answer your qs... individually. But it's a mitsva, and as such the rabbinate doesn't want it to be come a business and not accesible to some. It's a mitsva, a volunteer one, like mikva lady, lehavdil chevra kadisha...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics