Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Manna from Heaven!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 5:39 pm
Recently, I have been receiving a few pounds of flour almost every week. I would love to make my own bread with it - so much more healthy than from the store, but I don't have the energy to do it!

So, the story is, that when I came back from my parents after first yomtov, there was a bread machine sitting in my doorway. I realized that this was probably not a gift for me, so I inquired with my neighbor who told me that erev Yomtov she had received this bread machine from her brother just before her inlaws were arriving, after she had scrubbed the house clean, so, knowing that we were not coming back home for a few days, she put it in our doorway. She said she would not be using it for the time being, so I was welcome to try it out. I did. and I like it. So I look for bread machines on the Internet and, seeing that they are not so expensive (and taking into account that it will save me money in the long-run) I decide I want to buy one. I chose the one that I thought would be best for my own purposes, thinking that with the size of my family, kn"h, I may have to make bread twice a day. I didn't order it yet. Plain old procrastination, or so I thought.

I discussed this with the abovesaid neighbor, who tells me that she thinks there are bread machines with room for two loaves and that a friend of ours has one. So I called her and asked her which make it was. She tells me that she hasn't used hers in two years and that she is quite willing to give me it as a gift!

I can't help thinking of the midrash of the manna that those who were worthy received it by their tent and didn't have to work hard to reap and bake it! Not that I really think that I am worthy embarrassed but Baruch Hashem!

sunnybrook

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:21 pm
What a nice story. Very Happy It would seem that the very fact that you recognized this as a special hashgocha from Hashem and even went so far as to publicize it, elevates you. You know the passuk, "Hashem tzillcha..." Hashem is your shadow -- in direct proportion to how much you display your trust in Him, that is how much more He will show you it all the more clearly, in more & more ways. 8) Keep up the good work -- and let us hear more!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 7:11 am
thanks sunnybrook for the encouragement!

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:15 am
I'm with you on the hashgacha protis ... and you most certainly ARE worthy - Hashem takes care!!!

Fresh bread is always yum - try adding a little whole wheat ... even more healthy - usually I do half & half ... but when I made challa last I only had a cup of whole wheat so that is all I put in ... quite interesting taste ...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:26 am
Hey Greenfire, the flour I have been getting is wholegrain stoneground... makes a heavy loaf but that's the only flour we use! 8)

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 9:34 am
oh ... kool ... you know you can buy "gluten" a high protein to create a lighter loaf ... can be bought in a health food store

amother

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 5:48 pm
amother wrote:
Hey Greenfire, the flour I have been getting is wholegrain stoneground... makes a heavy loaf but that's the only flour we use! 8)

Forgot to say organic too!

I've looked for gluten flour all over where I live and can't find it anywhere, even in hf stores Sad

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 5:51 pm
not gluten flour ... plain gluton to add to your flour ...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational