Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Selling product designs to stores

creativemother

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 10:16 am
Hi- I have created some digital illustrations that would look great printed on products (pillows, tote bags etc) Does anyone have any contacts or info on how to sell them to stores?

Boca00

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 12:47 pm
Maybe you can try to sell them to a stock photo website, like adobe stock.

Good luck!

tigerwife

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 4:45 pm
Have you tried threadless.com or society6.com? These websites will cover all of the product printing and shipping costs, and you as the artist will make a small percentage. I highly recommend you market yourself via social media to get your art out. If you find you are becoming popular, it might be worth it to look into factories that can produce for you so that you make more money. Things like decor prints you can even print from home if you have a quality printer and stock paper.

Good luck! I'd love to see your designs. If you don't want to post here, feel free to PM.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 4:51 pm
creativemother wrote:
Hi- I have created some digital illustrations that would look great printed on products (pillows, tote bags etc) Does anyone have any contacts or info on how to sell them to stores?

Chain stores buy these items from jobbers, retail is infrequently involved in direct manufacturing (except for licensed products).

creativemother

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 7:45 pm
Thanks for the replies. My instagram account is thewannabeartist33 if you want to check out my artwork. I already tried society 6... I was wondering if anyone has any connections to wholesale distributors...

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 7:56 pm
Just checked it out. You're really talented! Maybe cold call factories via google? Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art