Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
School supplies lakewood

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 2:55 pm
What is the best place and time for school supplies shopping in Lakewood?
Is amazing savings better or npgs? And do you remember when they usually start the sale?

Is it worth waiting for staples penny sales, or do they run out of stock or limit quantities so you can't buy a large amount, or have huge lines (I don't have an option to do a two-hour shopping with a huge line)?

Thanks

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:03 pm
Disclaimer: I'm not in Lakewood. If the Jewish stores have reasonable prices by all means patronize them, or go straight there after you snag some of the other deals mentioned below.

Do you have school supply lists yet or are you just stocking up? There are a number of stores - Target, Walgreens, KMart if you have, etc., and the office stores - that have sales that might not be penny stores but don't have the same rigid limits for basics like lined paper, folders and notebooks. It pays to check their circulars early.

There is a balance between saving money and your menuchas hanefesh, so don't beat yourself up if you miss a sale, just try your best.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 12:51 pm
I want to stock up to give out to some families I know, that's why I want good prices, yet without going to 5 places.
Ideally I would order everything online but I know on many items there are no deals because they are in general a lower tag price, so you have to go to local stores.

I found decent prices on glue, quality pencils, erasers on amazon. Scissors at staples. Some stuff on Walmart site but they have low limits. I would still buy them.

Want to know who has best deals on notebooks, folders, highlighters, markers etc.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 2:26 pm
Walmart currently has folders for 15 cents notebooks for 35 cents (I think) markers for 50 cents off brand 99 cents crayola... they have limits so what I do is place two orders online to be picked up in store that way I can pick up the amount I want in one trip and overcome the limit but not pay shipping

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:17 pm
Anyone else?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:33 pm
Last year I was away for the summer and came home two days before school started. I went to toys4u, and got everything my kids needed in about a half hour. It may have been a couple dollars more overall but their prices were very fair and they had everything on the list.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 30 2017, 10:50 pm
You're right, that's another place that prob has everything one needs.
But who has best prices overall? I'm looking to buy a lot, so it would make a difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics