Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What to do about wetting at night...

Jo

Post Tue, Oct 09 2007, 8:16 am
My son is going to be 4 soon. He was basically dry at night for the last 6-7 months, since the beginning of March. He has just started in school nursery and has been absolutely fine there. We were away for a few days over the first days of Sukkot with my sister, and again, no real problems even though for Yom tov we were not sleeping where he was, and came over in the morning. He has said he was scared of the dark so we have had the light on in the bathroom and have now put a night light in his bedroom.

Since we got home, he has wet the bed every night. One night we had to change the sheets 3 times! Over the second days Y'T it was hard not being able to do any laundry and we ran out of sheets, mattress protectors, pyjamas etc...
I have no idea what could be bothering him and wish I could help sort this out as it is so frustrating.
I really don't want to put him back into nappies. I suppose we will have to start with the whole 'star chart' thing again...problem is that we are away this weekend.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

mommyX2

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 11:15 pm
my son is trained by day but not by night. so we just started him on the feel n' learn kind of pullups for night and he goes to the toilet before going to sleep and then we wake him up before we got to sleep and then he goes first thing in the morning. I doubt he'd be able to stay dry if we were't waking him for that middle-of-the-night-pee but maybe if you start with that he will start waking on his own...and in the meantime why not use pull-ups or s/t so you dont' have to keep changing the linen??

Jo

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 9:46 am
We made sure he peed before bed and on waking up, and were waking him up when we went to bed since Feb. That worked and kept him dry with only a handful of accidents - until 2 weeks ago.
He is now in pull ups for the night and I will leave it like that for a few months, although he doesn't want them and I didn't want to do it. For various reasons I REALLY don't want to start retraining him at night now...oh well, not much I can do!

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 10:31 am
my son is 3 and is trained for the night since 2.5. he also recently srarted bedwetting and wetting through the day more often, after a few days I took him to the pediatrician and guess what? strep!! dr said that this caused him to wet more often and sometimes not even feel that he has to go!!

Jo

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 10:40 am
I have been thinking about getting a urine sample from him in case it is a urine infection. He hasn't been going more frequently or wetting himself in the day and seems perfectly well otherwise. Eating and drinking well, no fever...
Strep? I suppose it could be....but I'd be surprised.

shlumzmum

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 7:09 pm
so I told you my son was wetting alot cuz he had strep, he is on antibiotics for 6 days already and it is much better now
he comes home from school wet but doesn't run to the bathroom every 5 minutes anymore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training