Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Nurse help through medicaid

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 12:40 pm
I'm due with my twins in a few weeks. I have a 1.5 yr old toddler and 3 yr old. I can't see myself managing without a nurse. Does anyone know the process of getting nurse help through medicaid?

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 12:46 pm
I'm a pediatric hospital social worker

I hope you don't qualify because in order to do so one of your new babies need to have a medical need requiring a nurse. If this is the case, speak to the doctor and or SW taking cafe of the babies in the hospital

Alternately you might qualify for home making assistance if YOU have impairments following your delivery (out of the normal post partum stuff) in which case you'd speak to your doctor

If neither is the case you will likely not qualify and you would have to pay out of pocket for any help that you need

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 8:55 pm
I ironically see healthy twins with nurses all time. Do all these peopl pay out of pocket?

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:00 pm
Yes people pay out of pocket.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:22 pm
amother wrote:
I ironically see healthy twins with nurses all time. Do all these peopl pay out of pocket?

Yes. The 'nurses' often referred to as baby nurses are not actually nurses at all. Many people in my neighborhood hire baby 'nurses' (even for singletons) and pay out of pocket

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:

Yes.
I know one person that had a baby nurse covered through insurance. One of her twins had a feeding tube.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:28 pm
cnc wrote:
Yes.
I know one person that had a baby nurse covered through insurance. One of her twins had a feeding tube.

In my experience though having a feeding tube (in and of itself, without having any additional nursing needs) isn't typically enough of a skilled need to get much nursing

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:30 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Yes. The 'nurses' often referred to as baby nurses are not actually nurses at all. Many people in my neighborhood hire baby 'nurses' (even for singletons) and pay out of pocket

I was talking about people I know that are struggling with monthly expenses.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
I was talking about people I know that are struggling with monthly expenses.

You'd have to ask them. It's possible that they were gifted the nurses.

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 9:50 pm
pesek zman wrote:
In my experience though having a feeding tube (in and of itself, without having any additional nursing needs) isn't typically enough of a skilled need to get much nursing

The babies were preemies. I don't know if there were any other issues - I didn't want to pry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more