Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Good out of town girl's high school

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 10:44 am
I am looking to switch my daughter out of Bais Rivkah high school. Toronto is out, dorm is full. Anybody know anything or have recent experience with the high schools in Albany, New Haven, Worcester, MA. or either of the schools in Chicago? Thanks.

Sharon8310

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 10:46 am
Does it have to be in those towns, or are you willing to look at other places?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 10:51 am
OP here. I'm open to all suggestions anywhere and to people's personal experiences. Thanks.

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 12:56 pm
I live in Albany. You can pm me and I can tell you what I know about the girls' high school, community, etc.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 1:01 pm
My friend's daughter LOVED LOVED LOVED Albany!!!!!!!!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 1:05 pm
I have a relative that was in Bais Rivkah HS and is now at Turin's school in Chicago. She LOVES it and is really thriving there.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 1:19 pm
My sister's in Monsey, she loves it there. My nieces are in Coral Springs, FL, they're less than thrilled to be there. I have another niece in Worcestor in the dorm, she's happy.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 1:21 pm
I went to the Yeshiva in Silver Spring, MD, where there are a lot of boarders. I was very shy & blossomed in that school. They have a very good secular curriculum and they give a great l'mudai kodesh education. The school has a lot of ruach and I grew haskafically too. I owe a lot to that school!

However, I haven't been there for quite a few years and they have their own building now, which is great.

http://www.yeshiva.edu/default.shtml

amother

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 10:06 am
OP. Here thanks. I heard also not so great things about Coral Springs. Funny I thought originally that it was a great school. Anybody hear anything good or bad yet about Dina Gorkin's new school in Long Island-Beis Chomesh??

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 1:31 pm
I think that it’;s going to be dependent on the child, not just the place.

greenfire

Post Fri, Oct 12 2007, 2:04 pm
she could always come to Yavne - not lubavitch ... but hey What ...

oh and I so agree with chocolate moose - it will be different for each kid
חנוך לנער על פי דרכו

Sharon8310

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 8:55 am
THere is a great school in Atlanta, GA. Its small and the Rebbitzin of the commity runs it. THe girls come out with some colege creitds and they really learn the lemuda kodesh. I have only hear great things about the school. If you want some more info let me know.

Annie

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 9:23 pm
are you talking about the lubavitch h.s. in Chicago, or the two BY high schools here? I know limited amounts about the lubavitch schools, but plenty about the other two. PM me if you need info.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 9:40 pm
what do people know about the yeshiva in worcester, ma? are there any great high school programs for girls within an hour of boston?

su7kids

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 10:10 pm
amother wrote:
I am looking to switch my daughter out of Bais Rivkah high school. Toronto is out, dorm is full. Anybody know anything or have recent experience with the high schools in Albany, New Haven, Worcester, MA. or either of the schools in Chicago? Thanks.

Did you look into Bais Chana in Los Angeles?

Its not perfect, but it has been great for my girls.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 8:49 am
Does anyone know anything about the high school in New Haven?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 10:03 am
amother wrote:
what do people know about the yeshiva in worcester, ma? are there any great high school programs for girls within an hour of boston?

I wrote before that I have a niece there. I don't have a lot of opportunity to talk to her so I don't know much about it except she's happy and it seems to be a nice program with nice girls. My niece is not a typical girl in regard to social skills but she has nice friends there.

lubmommy

Post Tue, Oct 16 2007, 10:14 am
My friend's dd is in Monsey and very happy. She says no snobs there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics