Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
I am having such a hard time training my ds!!! HELP!!!
Previous  1  2

BlumaG

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 9:13 pm
I have mentioned this b4 but it took DD 6 months to do a BM in the toilet, I gave her a diaper when she wanted to go and when she was 3 and 3 months I said enough is enough gave her a natural laxative and she had the urge and had no choice but to ruuuuun to the toilet, once she saw how easy it was she was all set

Dini

Post Sat, Oct 13 2007, 9:14 pm
BlumaG wrote:
I have mentioned this b4 but it took DD 6 months to do a BM in the toilet, I gave her a diaper when she wanted to go and when she was 3 and 3 months I said enough is enough gave her a natural laxative and she had the urge and had no choice but to ruuuuun to the toilet, once she saw how easy it was she was all set

what natural laxatives did u use?

cindy324

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 11:27 am
Wow, y'all can't imagine how much better you've made me feel. My DD just turned 3 succos time, and absolutely refuses to go in toilet.

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 11:30 am
[quote="amother"]I have been trying to train my son for ages and now he is almost 3. he did make in the potty a few times but he holds it for so long. About two weeks ago I was getting so nervous from him b/c he was holding it for so long and I wanted to go out that I think I drove him a little nuts and traumatized him. he hasn't made on the potty since. he would sit there all day and then just do it in the pamper at night. could anyone help me?! I think I need a hypnotist!!![/quote]

You have not posted since your original message. Did anything change?

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 12:02 pm
Hi - I made fish out of different colors of tissue paper and let my boys choose 1-2 to put in and then told them to "make them swim". That was at 2-3/4 for my oldest and around 3 for my middle son. Needless to say they loved it.

Just finished training my DD 2-1/4 - thick training underwear worked for her. Once I saw she was aware of her body and could make in the toilet I just took away the diapers (except at night). There were accidents for a week or so, but I kept a lot of shmattas handy for clean up and that was that!

I think if the child shows he recognizes the feeling of urgency to make and can successfully use the toilet that you need to help him gain consistency by taking away the diapers and rewarding all successes (and overlooking the mistakes). Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 8:05 pm
OP here, thank you everyone for all your help, ideas and support, it really helped. I was talking to someone and she told me to use jealousy and it worked!!! I told my older one to use the bathroom and when she did I shouted hurray! and jumped up and down and danced and made ds join in and gave her candies. He instantly said that he will make on the toilet (he will not go on the potty for anything!!) and he did b"H!! I was at my wits end.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training