Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How to keep a potty clean?

mushmom

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 11:58 am
What's your system for cleaning a potty?
My daughter is training the Bjorn potty (removable bowl) and when shes finished using it, she very proudly dumps it into the toilet. Im trying to figure out a system for cleaning it properly in btwn uses- any ideas?

greenfire

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 12:05 pm
you could put a little water before she makes ... or just spray with chlorox and wipe with tissues as you "dump" into reg toilet ...

madys

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 12:45 pm
Clorox/Lysol wipes are the best - we used them to clean the bowl after each use - they clean and disinfect. The best part is it's disposable (not flushable)

We also use them for regular bathroom cleaning, toilet bowl, sink, quick floor clean ups.

I have a container in each bathroom, ready for use!

Raisin

Post Thu, Oct 11 2007, 2:58 pm
I empty the potty, flush the toilet and hold the potty under the water that comes out when you flush. Then it is basically clean, but you can use wipes or spray or whatever to disinfect.

busylady

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 9:33 pm
put some toilet paper in potty before your child uses it. when their done, just dump the whole thing in the toilet. the potty is much cleaner because the toilet paper covered the bottom. I find this helps alot.

justanothermother

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 10:12 pm
I used the same brand. After they are done, dump it in the toilet. I them run hot water and put in a bit of antibacterial soap. I hold it under the faucet and fill halfway with hot water. I swish it around and then dump in the toilet and repeat (being careful not to spill into the sink). I then wipe it with a Chlorox wipe and spray with Chlorox anywhere spray.

Esther23

Post Sun, Jan 20 2008, 11:27 pm
I rinse it out with hot water and if it needs more cleaning I use a clorox wipe, then I spray with lysol. But it's such a pain so I taught my son to start using the regular toilet since cleaning it so often was sooo annoying. Also, my potty comes with a removable seat that you can place on the toilet, makes the child feel much more secure, so that definitely helped with the transition.

rikki1980

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 3:45 pm
I had a practical idea- I put in a plastic bag and whatever contents are disposed into it, I close it up, rebag it, and throw it in the garbage can outside. This way there's nothing to clean, absolutely nothing.

micki

Post Mon, Feb 04 2008, 5:40 pm
use a flip n flush
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training