Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Using uppababy vista as a double stroller

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 3:12 am
I am bh expecting my second now. My extremely active son will be about 2.5 when the baby arrives. I am trying to figure out what makes most sense stroller wise.
I live in Israel and an extremely dependent on my stroller since I don't have a car. I have a single city mini gt now. I love the gt but am nervous about getting a double side by side since most places in Israel are very narrow. I have heard from many ppl that they don't feel like tandem strollers push well, which is something very important to me.
So my questions are: would it be worth getting an uppababy vista specifically for use as a double? Is it built strong enough to handle a very energetic 2.5 yr old and a baby?

Any other ideas and advice from BTDT moms?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 6:39 am
Definitely go with the gt double it's great for Israel. I have the vista and love it as a single but wouldn't use it as a double it's too cumbersome- I just use a piggy back board with it

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 6:57 am
I use my vista as a double. It's brilliant. The second seat fits in the basket when your not using it, I find it pushes just fine. I would put the heavier kid in the main seat, the smaller in the add on. It's easier to push that way. The space between my kids was a bit over two years, and my older did not always need a seat. This was so convenient for me. But I'm not sure you can bump up and down stairs with second kid. I don't think I ever tried that.
It's not nearly as cumbersome as a side by side double stroller, and I can maneuver it with one hand, though doorways without help, down isles, etc.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:46 am
It cannot go down steps. Being that it's so long and uneven weight distribution the carriage can topple. It's harder to turn however it's narrower than my double.

mha3484

Post Thu, Aug 31 2017, 8:56 am
I have a vista and I like it a lot but my toddler (who will be 3 in a few months) is really outgrowing it. I mostly use the stroller for my baby as a shita as I prefer to teach my toddlers to walk nicely. When I used it last week because I was in a big hurry, I noticed his head hits the top by the sun shade. If I wanted him to use it daily I would get something else.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics