Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Yom tov dresses

RW

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 5:59 pm
How many dresses should an almost 8 year old have with a bunch of 3 day yom tovs coming up? My daughter currently has 4 dresses from last year that still fit her and one new dress. I was thinking of getting her one more dress to make it an even 6 but is 5 dresses enough to get through all of yuntif? I don't mind if she repeats dresses from one yuntif to another.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 6:08 pm
RW wrote:
How many dresses should an almost 8 year old have with a bunch of 3 day yom tovs coming up? My daughter currently has 4 dresses from last year that still fit her and one new dress. I was thinking of getting her one more dress to make it an even 6 but is 5 dresses enough to get through all of yuntif? I don't mind if she repeats dresses from one yuntif to another.

It depends. Does she wear anything twice or does everything get dirty immediately? Does she have lounge wear like a robe that's pretty and doesn't show stains that she can wear during meals or while she's at home? Does she stay up for all night meals? Are you guys home for YT or are you out for all meals and need separate proper dresses for each one?
You know your kids and YT schedule best.
For us that's usually 2-3 dresses + 1-2 robes, depending on that year's YT schedule and circumstances.

seeker

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 6:22 pm
That sounds like plenty to me, unless the child has some condition that prevents them from keeping at all neat.

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 6:25 pm
For us, two dresses and a robe is enough. I usually have an extra one just in case. (I do laundry for children on chol hamoed though.)

Blessing1

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 6:27 pm
3 things, on for every day.

CDL

Post Fri, Sep 01 2017, 6:32 pm
Two outfits and a shabbos robe are sufficient for my 5 year old. Chanukah time when there are sales I'll sometimes get an extra sweater or dress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics