Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How to give away kids clothing?
Previous  1  2

How to give away kids clothing?
Just give it all to the Chesed Fund/Goodwill, and they'll sort it out  
 55%  [ 59 ]
Sort by size, then advertise batches to sell/give away  
 5%  [ 6 ]
Post individual items for sale/give away  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Save the hand-me-downs for my own purely hypothetical future children  
 15%  [ 16 ]
Only try to sell/give away the like-new items. Give anything worn out to recycling  
 23%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 106

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 8:14 am
I sell what is worth it. I put the rest in cardboard boxes and call Jewish charities until one bothers.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:22 am
bigsis144 wrote:
So take those out of the giveaway bag and just put them in the trash?

Goodwill recycles textiles that aren't suitable for sale.

https://goodwillnne.org/stores/wiping-cloths/

Other charities may also sell them as rags / for recycling.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:28 am
I would give it to the Chessed Fund. The stuff they can't give people or are not in good condition they sell by the weight.
I live in Chicago but I have girls Smile

shatzileh

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 9:29 am
H&M takes textile donations and will give you a coupon off your next purchase. (Or maybe one item from your purchase?) You can bring anything from a single item of clothing to a bag full.

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Sep 05 2017, 10:04 am
amother wrote:
Text Sarah to join watsap group 917-361-8268. I'm not on the group now but if you post a way for us to be in touch I can give to you directly.

thanks. can you pm me.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:02 am
If there is a Once Upon a Child near you, they will buy your used children's clothing, toys and furniture in very good condition for resale. The good part is that you can use whatever money you get from selling your stuff to purchase excellent quality second-hand stuff. If your clothes are not in such great condition I would just toss them in the clothing recycling bin.

trixx

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:13 am
shatzileh wrote:
H&M takes textile donations and will give you a coupon off your next purchase. (Or maybe one item from your purchase?) You can bring anything from a single item of clothing to a bag full.

You only need 3 items in the bag to get a coupon. And they recycle it. So save the shmattes for them, I wouldn't give good clothing

Post on Facebook marketplace, is there a local Facebook swap group? Just do a search for your area name and swap

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 1:14 am
shatzileh wrote:
Wish I knew this sooner, I recently dumped quite a lot of un-gemach-worthy textiles into a donation bin that doesn't give any coupons... noted for future, thank you!

smilealot

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 4:36 am
Anyone know if the H & M in England is the same?

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 5:50 pm
trixx wrote:
You only need 3 items in the bag to get a coupon. And they recycle it. So save the shmattes for them, I wouldn't give good clothing

Post on Facebook marketplace, is there a local Facebook swap group? Just do a search for your area name and swap

I buy one cheap brand new item when I am there and get the discount. I don't think you need 3 at least at the midtown ones.

I cherry pick the best clothing off the bunch and give the pieces away to someone I know. The rest gets donated to a second hand store I Spring Valley. A lovely Jewish lady runs the store.

happy mommy6

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 12:20 am
Give to the chesed fund. They have amazing gemach and sort all clothes. They'll take toys, baby furniture etc....whatever they won't use, they sell.... it will get great use, and they'll give you tax receipt

RebekahsMom

Post Sun, Oct 01 2017, 12:26 am
I usually offer most to friends’/ family children, especially because I get a lot of hand me downs from other friends/ family. If no one fits, they go to goodwill.

Either way, most stuff is very good, some stuff is a little worn (not stained/ gross). My cousins kids need play clothes too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics