Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Purse/school bag for teacher

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 7:35 pm
I'm a teacher and I desperately need a new bag. My ideal bag would function both as a purse and a school bag. I need to be able to fit my regular stuff-pens, wallet, keys-in it without having to dig around the bottom for them. I also need space for notebooks and papers. In addition, I'm looking for something that will be a nice accessory, without breaking the bank.

Any ideas? Please post pictures/links if you have. I'm very bad with these kinds of things.

TIA

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 9:50 pm
Probably not the answer you're hoping for but I just use a backpack. Perfect amount/sizes of pockets for everything, and the shoulder bags were destroying my posture and back.

momtra

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:10 pm
Check out
Zara.com

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:18 pm
I use a diaper bag that doesn't have a baby brand name on the front and zips closed at the top. So many purses these days stay open at the top. I don't know what they are thinking both in terms of theft and weather protection. The one I use has many compartments and deep pockets for my water bottle, etc.

mha3484

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 11:44 pm
I like a big tote. I use a large makeup bag and put my important items like phone, keys, wallet so I can easily find it.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 3:31 am
Is it possible to use smaller sized notebooks and papers?
In Israel most teachers try to stick to A5 size. It's half the size of A4 which is slightly larger than the American 8 1/2 X11.
Then you have a larger and more stylish selection to choose from.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:51 am
amother wrote:
I use a diaper bag that doesn't have a baby brand name on the front and zips closed at the top. So many purses these days stay open at the top. I don't know what they are thinking both in terms of theft and weather protection. The one I use has many compartments and deep pockets for my water bottle, etc.

Which one?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:51 am
Iymnok wrote:
Is it possible to use smaller sized notebooks and papers?
In Israel most teachers try to stick to A5 size. It's half the size of A4 which is slightly larger than the American 8 1/2 X11.
Then you have a larger and more stylish selection to choose from.

Not practical for me.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 11:52 am
seeker wrote:
Probably not the answer you're hoping for but I just use a backpack. Perfect amount/sizes of pockets for everything, and the shoulder bags were destroying my posture and back.

I already have a backpack for my pump. I need a shoulder bag.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 1:01 pm
https://www.amazon.de/Kipling-.....;th=1

I have two: a colourful one and a black/shiny one whch is more elegant.

folders, books, pencil case, planners... etc fit easily inside, there are several departments separated by great zippers... I have used the older bag for almost 3 years now and it looks like new. great quality, and very useful for teachers.

tovli toraspicha

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 2:08 pm
Lesportsac tote bag

Petra

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 2:12 pm
I was on a plane recently and both people beside me asked if I was a teacher. I'm not a teacher. They both said they thought I was a teacher based on my bag: Vera Bradley. It's a nice bag. Comfy. plenty of size options. Light weight.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 2:17 pm
I use a big purse. I've done leather, denim...

emzod42

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 2:35 pm
I'm a big fan of baggalini bags for their compartments, but I'm not the most stylish person. I also have a Kenneth Cole Reaction tote that's great as a teacher bag. When searching online, just search for a "tote" and try to find one with zippered compartments so that things won't fall out.

I have a smaller version of this:
https://www.amazon.com/Baggall.....5SGHW and I really like it.

Or something this:
https://www.amazon.com/Kenneth.....18011 could work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics