Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mean or cruel things your teacher said or did...
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

chanchy123

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
My parents dealt with reporting it. She was out of the school system for a few years but I think she's back there, in another school that doesn't know...

She has two kids that live with her, and girls that come and sleep by her. I wouldn't know how to report it, and although I nudge my parents to make sure it gets taken care of- my sister is getting help and she has moved on. She is still angry at the teacher who did so much to her, but she is happy and healthy, attracted to boys, thinking of shidduchim etc...

Can't so so for the other tens of students she hurt. This took place in Beitar, and yet many people who live there haven't even heard of the story. How a homeroom teacher grommed girls for over 5 years.....

There is an organization in Israel that deals with zexual assault in Chariedi society it is called לא תשווק this is their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/lo.tishtok/

This is a good place to start.

chanchy123

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 2:18 pm
debsey wrote:
Chanchy, I wonder if we had the same teacher. I had a teacher in 4th grade who did something similar. I had been switched from one class to another in 4th grade, and I wasn't great at making friends. I was a very quiet, shy kid. To compensate, I brought games and "chatchkes" from home to school, to play with at recess. I figured they would be icebreakers with other girls. The teacher saw that my briefcase was bulging oddly, so suddenly, in middle of class, literally out of the clear blue sky, she picked up my briefcase, dumped it out over her desk, and "catalogued" all the things I brought.

Not only that, but my mother used to write me these cute little notes of encouragement (because I was having social problems trying to make friends in the new class that year) so she would write these little notes like "Talk to someone new today" or "smile at people" or "I bet today will go better" etc. Not only did the teacher read the sticky note aloud, for days, she didn't let me live it down, she would ask "what's on the note today? Mommy wrote you a letter?" in this sugary sweet voice. Way to torpedo my chances of making friends, lady!

I told my mother, who called her, and she claimed I was distracted by my little "chatchkes" and my mother's notes during class so she was trying to encourage me not to bring them in.

First of all, I was this little well-behaved mouse. I would never take out a personal item to fidget with in class. Second, as much as I treasured my mother's notes, I was embarrassed by them (thought they were babyish) and I would never risk taking them out in public. She was just straight up lying. I remember, more than the embarrassment, the total shock that an adult would lie like that.

Much later, someone told me that this lady had an awful personal life (I think I said something about the story to a high school teacher) and I remember thinking - but why was that MY problem, in fourth grade? This woman should never have been allowed near children. I don't remember exact incidents, but I just remember cringing when she'd embarrass other girls.

Marina, in answer to your question, this particular teacher - I think she would have been the same, religious setting or public school. She was just an emotionally disturbed person who thought kids were there as fodder for her need to hurt and lash out. My issue is that the principal kept her on.

I can't imagine we had the same teacher. I grew up in Israel and this was a public religious school. Not BY. It was a relatively new and remote school so they comprised on the quality of some of the teachers. Today parents would not allow such behavior from teachers.

Shoshana37

Post Sat, Sep 16 2017, 5:35 pm
Wow horrible my heart is breaking reading all this pain teachers caused kids. My daughter experienced some thing awful when she was in 2nd grade for no reason she put a bar of soap in my daughter mouth for the whole period. Teacher told me my daughter said bad word little did I know I believed the teacher and not my child. That School closed down thank Gd but my daughter never forgot that humiliation. Now years later I only believe my childrens story.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics