Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bay wakes up at night

Ruby

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 3:48 pm
My baby who is 11 monthes old wakes up every night at least once and cries so I take her into my bed which tends to be quite uncomfortable. Does anyone have any ideas of how to get her back to sleep in middle of the night without taking her into my bed? She doesn't nurse anymore so it's not because of that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

proudmom

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 3:50 pm
give her something to drink

shoy18

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 5:49 pm
does he/sh take a pacifer? my baby who is the same age sometimes wakes up and just wants his pacifer. another thing you can do is try to he/she cry it out

Tovah

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 7:39 pm
I used to give my daughter a bottle, and every night gave her abit less, then sub. by water for 2 days and then let her cry. she cryed for abt 10 mins and the next night 5 and after that she never woke up at night again.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 5:07 pm
yes, 2 suggestions.
A bottle or sippy cup of water in the crib.
Let her cry it out.

Easier said than done.
hatzlocha

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 02 2005, 5:08 pm
I agree w/h brachad b/c I've done that too. ANd miracles have happend Tongue Out

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 12:06 pm
that is exactly what I did with one of my daughters who just wanted to be with me in the same bed around ten months old. I let her cry it out and boy what a headache it caused she cried for four nights like this with a one hour of crying per night but yes miracles do happen as freilich said.

hindyandrafi

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 6:15 pm
send her to my house for a few nights!!! Tongue Out

1stimer

Post Thu, Aug 04 2005, 1:41 pm
hindy what's ur address?? Wink

Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 05 2005, 5:14 am
Hindy, I would love that especially since I am sitting here at 4:12 a.m. and have been up with my baby for 2 hours!!! She was crying hysterically so I took her to my bed and she was taking up the entire bed and tickling me so basically I could sleep. When she finally fell asleep, or so I thought I put her in her crib and she's been kvetching on and off since. I have no idea what to do. (Besides go crazy Rolling Eyes )

myomi

Post Sun, Aug 07 2005, 5:57 pm
hey tovah,
how many ounces did you start off with and u reduced one ounce each night?
my baby used to sleep at night but now wakes up to come into my bed at night,so I dont know if its a growth spurt or a bad habit he's developing.he wont take his suss,he'll suck his bottle and drift off. please let me know.thanx

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 2:50 pm
myomi, I did a similar thing as tovah. at first, my dd (who's almost 2 now) would have the regular bottle (maybe it was 5/6 oz.) then every night I would put in a ounce or half an ounce less. I would also try to just give her a pacifier.
now, my 5 month old son is still getting up once or twice, but I usually nurse him at night, so I'm not sure how to "cut back." b"h last night, he went from 8:00pm to 6:00am w/o nursing. I gave him the pacifier a few times, and he was in my bed from about 2:00am on. everytime he gave a kvetch, I gave him the pacifier. I know this isn't a good hbit to get into either!

myomi

Post Mon, Aug 08 2005, 8:18 pm
0613,u are so lucky,my 5 month old was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks,now hes up every night,not even just to eat but to liw in my bed,im going out of my mind,it's a bad habit,I was giving him bottles but he didnt want,just to come into bed..oy!

Tovah

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 1:05 pm
I did this when she was 10 months she would drink 6 oz during the day then at night she went down to abt 3oz on her own so I knew she was ready. so every night I would make 3oz instead of 6 and two nights later 2 and so fourth.

maybe 5 months is abit early to start unless he drinks alot less at night then he would during the day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics