Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
After miscarriage

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 1:53 pm
Yom Kippur is 31 days after. I'm still feeling weaker and more tired than usual, but I'm not sure if its all physical or if the emotions are still contributing. I'm very nervous about fasting because I usually find it hard but now I find I need to eat and drink more than usual. Has anyone been through this?

makehappy

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 2:10 pm
Hugs to you dear op. Sorry for your loss and I feel for you during this difficult time. Iyh you should have a healthy pregnancy soon.
I've been through this but it was 1.5 months before yom kippur. I did fast yom kippur. You should ask a rav for sure because only they are able to tell you what you need and should do. Everyone is different and a rav speaking to you can know what is best for you.
Good luck Hug

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 4:03 pm
I'm pretty sure y'k is stricter than 30 days. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong! I thought y'k is within three days. Tisha b'av is within 30 days. There is room for leniency 4-7 days before y'k.

octopus

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 4:04 pm
I forgot to add (((hugs))) for your loss. It's never easy.

jewwoman

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 4:20 pm
Hugs. Thinking of u at this hard time. Xxxx

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 7:44 pm
I fasted around 2 weeks after mc on tisha bav. I had a d and c. Maybe that makes a difference.

I fasted fine.

I'm sorry for your loss.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Sep 26 2017, 8:10 pm
I was actively miscarrying during Yom Kippur 6 years ago. I laid in bed all day and was able to fast. Had a heter to break it but didn't need to.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur