Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/o Do you and your husband go through each others phones?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Boca00

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:02 pm
Yes or no, and why or why not?

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:04 pm
Yes, why not?

tichellady

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:04 pm
No, because we respect each other's privacy and the privacy of our friends and family who may not want our spouses to see our conversations
And:
We have no interest to go through each other's phones. Neither even thought of it

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:08 pm
It never would have crossed my mind. And had a spouse asked me for access to my phone I would have laughed in his face.

Boca00

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:08 pm
I don't usually look through his and I don't want him looking through mine.

People sometimes text me personal things that they wouldn't want my husband reading. I don't want to either feel that when I text a friend that her husband will be reading it too!

OTOH, I did tell my husband that he can randomly check my emails to my male boss. They are very business oriented and he got bored really fast. Wink

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:13 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
It never would have crossed my mind. And had a spouse asked me for access to my phone I would have laughed in his face.

This.

I know his passwords, just in case something happens to him and I need access. He knows mine for the same reason. But it would never occur to me to look at his phone.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:15 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
This.

I know his passwords, just in case something happens to him and I need access. He knows mine for the same reason. But it would never occur to me to look at his phone.

I've nothing against sharing of PW in case of emergency. TY for bringing that up.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:18 pm
No way.
We are entitled to privacy.
And If a friend or relative texts me something private, there's no reason for my husband to see.
In my opinion, if someone is so insistent that they must have the ability to see their spouse's phone, trust is lacking.

I do know his password and he knows mine.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:21 pm
My husband sometimes picks up my phone and scrolls through it. And it annoys me. Other then that, I will only look through his phone if I need a number or want to forward a picture or something like that.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:26 pm
tichellady wrote:
No, because we respect each other's privacy and the privacy of our friends and family who may not want our spouses to see our conversations
And:
We have no interest to go through each other's phones. Neither even thought of it

This.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:30 pm
Actually I keep a mean, lean, clean machine and delete most messages rather promptly, Electronic clutter is still clutter.

MrsDash

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:31 pm
His cell phone screen is too tiny, so that’s a big no way jose! Also, who has time for that?

asmileaday

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 6:40 pm
We have each other's pw but don't look through each other's phone. That is imho a breach of privacy.
Dh will show me some whatsapp messages that are of interest to me like interesting videos or life hacks. Or a conversation he needs my advice/opinion about.
I have nothing to hide and neither does he but I don't feel it's right to go snooping.

simba

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 7:22 pm
Usually not, sometimes if either of us would like to we have agreed to ask permission from te other one before. Like sometimes I am sitting on the couch and looking at some pics on his phone, then I'll ask him if he minds if I scroll through his texts..just basic respect and privacy.

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 7:44 pm
My dh will often leave his e-mail open on our computer. He will also often show me "conversations" he's had with other people. His conversations aren't "personal" about the other person. I'll show him conversations if they are relevant to him but we don't just check each other's e-mail.
personally it would really bother me if he did. I have more "personal" e-mails then he does so it would feel like a breach of my privacy.

Zehava

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 7:44 pm
Yes and no
Yes because we have no issue with us seeing each other's Phones
No because we trust each other enough not to have to
I will randomly when I'm bored check his groups for all the funny videos people post

emzod42

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:01 pm
No, but sometimes I'll be using his phone to navigate when we drive somewhere and I don't advert my eyes when a message pops up. I read it aloud to him and if I'm curious I'll ask him about it. I'm not really interested in what's on his phone and I assume he feels the same. We trust each other.

nechamashifra

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:09 pm
What does "go through" a phone mean? We use each other's phones at times, for example if I want to google something but my phone is out of reach, I'll use his and vice versa. We don't go searching through each other's messages and emails though.

Boca00

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:12 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
What does "go through" a phone mean? We use each other's phones at times, for example if I want to google something but my phone is out of reach, I'll use his and vice versa. We don't go searching through each other's messages and emails though.

"Go through" as in look through his phone- texts, calls, whatsapps, fb, pictures, emails etc.

zaq

Post Thu, Sep 28 2017, 8:13 pm
nechamashifra wrote:
We don't go searching through each other's messages and emails though.

Apparently some people do.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics