Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tucked in/out
1  2  3  Next

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:07 pm
do you teach your kids to tuck their shirts in or do you let them leave it out? does it make a difference boy or girl or what theyre wearing? from what age?

I'll tell you- when I see guys in black and white not tucked in I think they're very shlumpy and wonder why their parents werent mechanech them better... but when I see girls tucked in, I think it looks funny...

creativemommyto3

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:11 pm
I agree, my 5 year old tucks his in while my four year old doesnt. I never let them out of the house without it.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:33 pm
Quote:
but when I see girls tucked in, I think it looks funny...

Why? Confused I think its so much more important for a girl to look neat and put together.

I think its more of a chabad 'thing' for boys to wear 'out'. I very often see chabad bochurim/yungeleit tucked out. I dont mean to start a neg. thread about chabad here, just curious, is there a special reason for this?

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:41 pm
Yes, it is a thing by us. And no, I don't know the reason for it. Sorry alot of you think it looks slumpy...I thought so at first (and I'm not such a "neat" person, but it kind of grew on me.

I agree Breslov about the issue with women. I think I should tuck in, but sometimes I think it shows too much of my figure (not that I'm wearing something tight.) But then I wonder if I look shlumpy with my shirt out. What do you think about women with their shirts out?

Squash

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:41 pm
I never thought of this as a chinuch issue. I just think EVERYONE looks better and neater tucked in.

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:50 pm
I don't think women's shirts/skirts are made to be tucked in, and when you tuck them in they look funny- meaning the clothing does, and it emphasizes parts of the body that aren't flattering...

I never tuck my shirt in. But if my husband untucked, I'd get a little annoyed at him for going around shlumpy.

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:53 pm
It would also make him look Lubavitch LOL

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:58 pm
mimivan wrote:
It would also make him look Lubavitch LOL

na, the long peyos counteract that theory.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:00 pm
Quote:
I don't think women's shirts/skirts are made to be tucked in, and when you tuck them in they look funny- meaning the clothing does, and it emphasizes parts of the body that aren't flattering...

I guess that depends on ones figure. Skinny people have no 'unflattering" parts to hide!
Would you also wear tucked out on shabbos and to simchos?

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:00 pm
I'm getting off topic (I never do that Rolling Eyes LOL ) but I actually know some Lubavs with long peyos...they started out Satmar or something else and kept their peyos long when they became Chabad.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:02 pm
I never wear shirts, so I don't have the problem LOL
Personally, if my children wear shirts, I'll make them do what the others at school do and that's it.

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:29 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Quote:

I guess that depends on ones figure. Skinny people have no 'unflattering" parts to hide!
Would you also wear tucked out on shabbos and to simchos?

Yes. Wore untucked to my son's bris. A wrap around shirt would look really weird tucked in. As would suit jackets. As would most of my shirts...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:30 pm
Never even thought about such a thing !

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:35 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Personally, if my children wear shirts, I'll make them do what the others at school do and that's it.

Rolling Laughter

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:38 pm
mimivan wrote:
Ruchel wrote:

Rolling Laughter

oh lol I don't mean I go around in bra!! LOL

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:38 pm
She must mean BLOUSES. Chill !

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:46 pm
I mean I wear tops without buttons, you see what I mean?
I read here recently many frum women wear slips under their skirts, do you wear something between the bra and the blouse/shirt/top? Tzitzis? (joke!)

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:42 pm
Quote:
I read here recently many frum women wear slips under their skirts, do you wear something between the bra and the blouse/shirt/top? Tzitzis? (joke!)

Yes there are some real ultra-frum woman who always wear a "chaseedishe slip". Thats like a long sleeved cotton undershirt.
But most frum woman that I know, usually only wear a skirt slip.

If my top is somewhat see-thru then I usually wear my dhs undershirt.

timeout

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:48 pm
With my sons school one of the policies is from First Grade on all shirts muct be tucked in, personally I agree.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:52 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

Yes there are some real ultra-frum woman who always wear a "chaseedishe slip". Thats like a long sleeved cotton undershirt.
But most frum woman that I know, usually only wear a skirt slip.

If my top is somewhat see-thru then I usually wear my dhs undershirt.

thanks!
do all frum women wear skirt slips? I didn't know people still wore them.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics