Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Kiss on lips

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:23 pm
What are your thoughts on kissing kids on the lips?
do you kiss your kids on the lips? do you think its appropriate? if so, until what age?

mimivan

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:25 pm
I'm just going by personal feeling...I'd say about the age of chinuch 3, I'd start to avoid it. Just so they don't start kissing other kids on the lips...especially the opposite gender

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 2:34 pm
When we got married, my dh noticed that my parents kissed me on the lips. He thought it was very wierd. It always had bothered me, but I thought it was a normal practice. It began to kind of gross me out more and more, especially after I got married, so I turn my head a bit if they try. My mother doesn't so much, but my dad still tries.
No, we do not kiss our children on the lips.

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:06 pm
I'll admit, I'm weirded out when I ask my 2 y o nephew for a kiss and he kisses me on the lips. imho kissing on the lips is special and should be for husband/wife only!
then again, I do understand the feeling/desure of a parent to do so, but wouldnt bec its just pas nisht...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:48 pm
Russians often do it. My old russian cousins used to kiss me on the lips, ew honestly.

chavs

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 3:55 pm
I grew up being kissed on the lips and I never found it weird. I kiss my son on the lips.
personally, I dont in any way see how its the same as kissing dh on the lips being that we kiss each other pretty differently then we kiss our son.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 4:30 pm
if it gets to the age where it bothers you just say 'how about here?' and point to your cheek. they'll change it after a white.

greentiger

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 4:51 pm
Dunno, my mom kisses me on the lips. Never really thought it was weird, but it's not a "thing" either. I guess it's just the most convienent when you are facing each other.

Seraph

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:05 pm
greentiger wrote:
Dunno, my mom kisses me on the lips. Never really thought it was weird, but it's not a "thing" either. I guess it's just the most convienent when you are facing each other.

more convinient than kissing on the cheek?

greentiger

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:08 pm
Yeah. She's not the "touchy feely" type, so I don't find it weird coming from her. Probably if it were someone else I would though.

anuta

Post Mon, Oct 15 2007, 5:14 pm
I think if it was done in your family, it is a natural thing for you.

In my family my parents didn't kiss me on the lips, so I don't kiss my kids like that either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics