Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Iso Chol ha'moed family ideas NJ

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 8:38 pm
Can anyone offer suggestions for NJ chol ha'moed outings, if possible where it won't be full of yidden (I love going to where it's full of yidden, chasidim especially dressed fancily with so many beautiful children & homemade snacks, but it's annoying to my DH so want to respect that, thank you)
It can be things which cost money like museums or what not, just looking for places where one can go for a couple of hours, vs let's say liberty science center which we hope to visit sometime, but really spend most of the day there.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 9:16 pm
Adventurous aquarium
They have 50% off.
Brick reservoir
McDonald's or chuckee cheese that has a play area.

Wherever you will go you will bump into people if you go in the Tri state area. BH we are a growing community especially us chasidim. I am not offended, I am just saying.
LOL LOL LOL

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 9:46 pm
The longer the drive and the more off the beaten track, the less frum Jews you'll find there. Try Sterling Hill mine or Lakota Wolf preserve, or a boat tour out of Cape May, or fruit picking in some small place (not Lee's Turkey Farm).

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Oct 09 2017, 10:47 pm
Thanks so much! And yes, to Mauve's response, so true b'chasdei Hashem -I wish my DH had nachas as I do, it's like tashlich here on RH, I love all the yidden gathered.

"Gemalsu tov v'loh rah", so trying to respect my DH's preferences (ignore idiosyncrasies if need be, ya?) & focus on what he'll enjoy.
Thanks so much for the suggestions Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note