Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Anyone use square cc machine? have you had issues with it?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:27 am
I am looking to start accepting cc's and I was looking into square but I have heard a lot of negative about the company and I don't want to start with a a company that is known to have issues. Anyone have it and is happy with it?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:30 am
I never had any issues.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 9:36 am
did you always get the money in your bank?
I saw something online about them not giving the money that supposed to be deposited.
What about chargebacks? Have people disputed the items they bought?

I am nervous that once I go to cc- people find it easier to dispute something 6 months later

Iymnok

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:12 pm
Have you heard of geniecard? Or genie cashbox?

Square is popular since you have less to pay upfront, but they do have a reputation of dropping clients then refusing service since "you aren't our customer".

I have no proof, just hearsay, so take my comment with a grain of salt.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:26 pm
well that's similar to what I have heard. I also have a store online and through it, I have had people dispute my items and had to fight with the cc company to release my money. I do everything through PayPal so they protect me, but I recently started selling from my home and I am nervous I won't have the same protection as PayPal offers

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:37 pm
We used Square for a while, but we don't use it anymore. We didn't have any problems, we always got our money. It's not the type of business to have charge backs, so I can't answer to that. We switched to Banquest only because we got a much better deal with them.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 15 2017, 12:48 pm
is banquest a new company?

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:08 am
When I used Square I loved it.
Simple, easy, low cost and on the go.

simba

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 11:54 am
Square is simple and if you have small dollar amount transactions you shouldn't have an issue getting your money.
Since they are what is legally termed as an aggregator they pool all the risk of their clients together which may work for or against you.
Also their processing fees are only in your favor if you have low monthly volume (under 5K monthly). Once you are processing more then that you should get setup by a proper processing company so that you can benefit from lower processing fees.
You can PM me if you have any questions as I am in this industry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers