Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can I wear silver (white gold)jewelry with gold? Mix golds?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:52 pm
I have this mishugas, I don't know why, that if I'm wearing a silver/white gold/diamond necklace, I can't wear gold or rose gold earrings. I just think it looks off so if I want to wear gold earrings or a gold necklace, I'll wear gold and the same with silver/white gold. I have a white gold/diamond necklace from DH that I wear every day and I have such a hard time finding costume jewelry silver/silver plated or silver color earrings I like. Can I wear gold earrings with a white gold necklace? Does mixing golds look strange?

Maya

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:56 pm
I do it all the time. I don't think I look strange.
I think you have to try them on together and judge for yourself how it looks. If it looks very off, you'll see it.

BetsyTacy

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 4:56 pm
Maybe you would like to try pearl earrings?

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:07 pm
Do what you like, well unless your choice will impact your child's shidduch.

watergirl

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:15 pm
This was a thing in the 80s. Not anymore. Enjoy your jewelry however youd like.

Shoshana37

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 5:19 pm
Yep nothing has to match with anything. Looks like the more colorful people dress the more it's in. I personally still old fashioned and match everything

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 6:32 pm
When I was young (back when dinosarus roamed the earth, LOL), it was drilled into my head that you never, EVER mix metals (or wear white after Labor Day.)

Then the mixed metals trend became a big thing, especially if you add in some rose gold. I find the the pink tone of rose gold seems to bridge the gap between white and yellow gold, and pulls it all together. It looks especially nice as stacking rings, or multiple rings on one hand.

That said, I'm still a stickler for having the necklace and earrings match. I just think it looks more pulled together. Simple hoops or studs in each color of gold will fill our your jewelry wardrobe perfectly, and you'll always have something on hand that will match whatever necklace you wear.

RebekahsMom

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 7:47 pm
I never used to, until my husband bought me a mixed watch. Now that it ties everything together, I can wear either.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 7:48 pm
I have the same mishugas about mixing, I just can't seem to do it, but the truth is that almost everyone else mixes and looks perfectly lovely and fashionable doing it.

watergirl

Post Wed, Oct 18 2017, 8:18 pm
RebekahsMom wrote:
I never used to, until my husband bought me a mixed watch. Now that it ties everything together, I can wear either.

I also wear a 2 toned watch. Love that thing.

trixx

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:08 am
Ha I'm the same. I either wear gold or white. Never mix. Gold looks better with my eye color so most of my jewelry is yellow, but if I'm wearing pearls I'll wear it with a silver bracelet.

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 12:50 am
I also never mixed until lately. It's very trendy now to mix a bunch of metals. Stacking rings, braceketes, or necklaces...

I also have a two toned watch.

What my real meshugas is other colors. Silver, gold, diamond, rose gold are all neutral. It drives me nuts when someone for example is wearing a plain blue shirt, black skirt, and like green earings. Or purple...

My jewelry colors ALWAYS match my clothing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics