Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
A beautiful year from the Ben Ish Chai

eimhabonim

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 2:56 am
Someone emailed me this and I wanted to share:

The Ben Ish Chai explained that any year that starts by taking out the Torah scroll five days in a row will be a year of incomparable blessing.

And that only happens when, like this year:

Thursday is the first day of Rosh Hashana, so the Torah is read in synagogue.

Friday is the second day of Rosh Hashana, so the Torah is read again in synagogue.

Shabbat is…Shabbat, so we read the weekly Torah portion, Haazinu.

Sunday is Tsom Gedalia, so we read the Torah reading for the fast day.

And Monday we take out the Torah just as we do every Monday and Thursday.

Rabbanit Yemima assured in this week’s class: “Those 5 Torah scrolls will accompany you this year with protection and love.”

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 3:40 am
It's a beautiful thought and I wish us all a good year. But this doesn't guarantee anything.

Just so you know, Rosh hashana was on a Thursday in 1939.

PurpleandGold

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 9:47 am
Eimhabonim, thank you so much for your post! It is uplifting my entire morning and it's just what I need to focus on right now.

For all women that may choose to read this idea from the Ben Ish Chai and take a "realist"/cynical view point, remember that our sefarim teach that the way you look at things has an impact on how those things will play out for you. "Hashem tzilcha" - "Hashem is your shadow," constantly mirroring your inner outlook on life in your outer existence.

The year of 1939, predicted in advance by the Chofetz Chaim, and during that time by Rav Elchanan Wasserman, a "gzeiras rabbim" (a decree over the masses, indiscriminate of personal merit) was made in shamayim over the Jews of Europe, which temporarily removed the usual law of hashgacha protis from the individual. However, there were still individuals with certain extra zechuyos/zechus avos, that merited individual divine protection despite the law of gzeiras rabbim, who came out from the inferno of the gezairas rabbim to rebuild Torah in Eretz Yisrael and America. Can't that be interpreted as "incomparable blessings?"

Why be so quick to cool the inspiration with negative words of "there are no guarantees?". We are not presently living in a time of gzeiras rabbim as far as I know, and so we can assume the blessings of five days of the Torah being taken out will come to our people, and to each of us as individuals. Why not receive the blessing of eimhabanim's post as an open vessel? Open your heart, daven and anticipate bracha, there is so much bad news and cynicism on here, why not receive inspiration in the way the giver intended?

Have a wonderful, bracha filled year!

crust

Post Thu, Oct 19 2017, 1:52 pm
PurpleandGold wrote:
Eimhabonim, thank you so much for your post! It is uplifting my entire morning and it's just what I need to focus on right now.

For all women that may choose to read this idea from the Ben Ish Chai and take a "realist"/cynical view point, remember that our sefarim teach that the way you look at things has an impact on how those things will play out for you. "Hashem tzilcha" - "Hashem is your shadow," constantly mirroring your inner outlook on life in your outer existence.

The year of 1939, predicted in advance by the Chofetz Chaim, and during that time by Rav Elchanan Wasserman, a "gzeiras rabbim" (a decree over the masses, indiscriminate of personal merit) was made in shamayim over the Jews of Europe, which temporarily removed the usual law of hashgacha protis from the individual. However, there were still individuals with certain extra zechuyos/zechus avos, that merited individual divine protection despite the law of gzeiras rabbim, who came out from the inferno of the gezairas rabbim to rebuild Torah in Eretz Yisrael and America. Can't that be interpreted as "incomparable blessings?"

Why be so quick to cool the inspiration with negative words of "there are no guarantees?". We are not presently living in a time of gzeiras rabbim as far as I know, and so we can assume the blessings of five days of the Torah being taken out will come to our people, and to each of us as individuals. Why not receive the blessing of eimhabanim's post as an open vessel? Open your heart, daven and anticipate bracha, there is so much bad news and cynicism on here, why not receive inspiration in the way the giver intended?

Have a wonderful, bracha filled year!

Thanks for the inspiration. Its always nice to hear good things.

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 1:29 am
Eim habanim and purple and gold thanks so much for sharing. How beautiful!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational