Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Approved Book Lists

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 10:21 am
I want to get a hold of some of the approved book lists (of non-jewish books). I have the number of someone in Chicago, but I am having a hard time getting in touch with her. I will try her more, but I know there are more lists. What other lists are there? and how do I get them?

Thank you!

imasoftov

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 10:40 am
cozyblanket wrote:
I want to get a hold of some of the approved book lists (of non-jewish books). I have the number of someone in Chicago, but I am having a hard time getting in touch with her. I will try her more, but I know there are more lists. What other lists are there? and how do I get them?

Thank you!

I'd like to see them too. Also to know who makes the lists and what their criteria are.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 10:48 am
I have a list of secular approved books that I think I downloaded through Torah U'mesorah's site, quite a while ago. I don't remember how I did it, though, and I'm also not sure how to send anyone a file through a pm (it's on Adobe Reader, if that helps anyone).

So I'm not sure if this helps you or not, but there definitely is such a list, and I definitely have it on my computer's hard drive right now.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 12:12 pm
www.chinuch.org
See their secular book list.

Mommyg8

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 1:08 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
www.chinuch.org

Thanks! I couldn't remember where I got it!

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Oct 20 2017, 1:56 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
www.chinuch.org

I couldn’t find the list on their site can you link it? Thanks.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:47 pm
Anyone have this. The echinuch list is not really for high school age. Its for lower aged kids. Anyone have a high school list?

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Feb 06 2018, 8:57 pm
Call Menucha Publishers.

They are apparently in the midst of compiling lists of both secular and Jewish books and not only are they prereading all the books and censoring, but they are also leveling them for all Jewish schools around the world. (Meaning, this book is level K and so forth)

This is actually the first time I've heard of a Jewish publishing house doing book fairs but they said they do book fairs all over the United States. It's pretty amazing, the range they have. I asked them about "Wonder" because I was curious if it was approved. Some schools did approve after they read the Menucha notes, some didn't.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children