Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Plastic shelves alternative to dresser?

Lizajen

Post Sat, Oct 21 2017, 11:55 pm
My teen dd's dresser is totally broken. She's living with her clothes in bins all of the floor in her room. I can't afford to buy her a new good quality dresser. Any ideas or links to maybe plastic drawers I could buy her? Maybe along the lines of Target? Thanx.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:22 am
Plastic drawers are very annoying. Do you have a local craigslist or freecycle? Dressers shouldn't be too hard to find there.

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:27 am
9 cubed shelves from Target. Dont get Walmart one it's bad.

MrsEsther

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:34 am
Lizajen wrote:
My teen dd's dresser is totally broken. She's living with her clothes in bins all of the floor in her room. I can't afford to buy her a new good quality dresser. Any ideas or links to maybe plastic drawers I could buy her? Maybe along the lines of Target? Thanx.

Where are you located? I know someone giving away real wood excellent quality dresser only used for 3years.

LittleDucky

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 12:57 am
Ikea is decent. I had one last for years. Just make sure you bolt it to the wall or it can tip.

loveit

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:42 am
We have ikea dressers (malm) that have lasted us ten years, and two moves (one across state lines). In addition to Craigslist check resale shops. Plastic drawers are awful, we have Simeon closets for extra storage and they are a pain

Lizajen

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:12 am
I live in northern Nj.

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 7:55 am
kiryat sefer wrote:
9 cubed shelves from Target. Dont get Walmart one it's bad.

I got from Walmart.com Better Homes and Garden cubes a few weeks ago. So far they look sturdy and beautiful. Hope they don't turn out bad cuz I got for more than one room.

My teens prefer them to dressers. I got the coordinating boxes that fit to go into to some of the cubes.

MrsEsther

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 11:24 am
Lizajen wrote:
I live in northern Nj.
the dresser is located in Flatbush Brooklyn. The delivery will be pricey so I don't think it's worth it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 6:27 pm
Lizajen wrote:

What about something like this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ste.....69697

Maryann

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:54 pm
MrsEsther wrote:
the dresser is located in Flatbush Brooklyn. The delivery will be pricey so I don't think it's worth it.

I would be interested if op isn't, please PM me

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 9:56 pm
I'd rather get something from Ikea or Walmart than have plastic. It's still not that cheap and will soon be garbage.

mindyme

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 10:08 pm
The Malm dressers are great and quite inexpensive. They even come in gray. Fairly easy to put together.
One tip - use wood glue when putting them together. Makes it more sturdy. And yes best to attach it to the wall (it comes with the pieces) or at least dont open more than 1 drawer at a time, they can tip easily.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Nov 23 2021, 11:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about something like this?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ste.....69697

My teen daughter uses this (in gray). Many things get hung up at her age, so it's undergarments, pajamas, bathing suit, tights, socks, shells etc in this and it works well for those needs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains