Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bed wetting - how to protect mattress

SRB

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:08 pm
My DS is 3.5 yrs old. He wears a diaper at night but it leaks thru most nights. I put a mattress pad - but it still leaks all the way to the mattress! How do I protect the mattress or prevent the leaks!? He's potty trained during the day. He wears a diaper only at night. I think it's the correct size 6 - I don't think they even make a size 7 diaper. However, I don't buy the night time diapers. Do they really work better? I need to save my mattress! He sleeps on a twin size bed with a quality mattress. He's my first DC so any helpful advice from experienced imamothers is invited. TIA!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:10 pm
Get the nighttime diapers. They are definitely better. But also, there are different qualities of mattress pads too. Spend the money on a top of the line one. You'll save money in the end by not destroying your mattresses.

gibberish

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:31 pm
You need a waterproof mattress protector. Additionally, you can buy a plastic sheet to use under the regular sheet as an extra layer of protection.

SRB

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 9:31 pm
Thank you! I'll look in to all your suggestions! I saw an add to get the mattress cleaned - same company that comes out to clean carpets, rugs, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has gotten s mattress professionally clean because of bed wetting and how it worked?

invisiblecircus

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:41 am
I use the HippyChick waterproof sheets under all my kids' sheets. They're also suitable to be used as a sheet by themselves, without another sheet on top. Maybe you could use a couple of those in rotation.

yehudis1056

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 8:45 am
Get nighttime pull ups. They make bigger sizes and kids like them cuz they are "bigger" than diapers. I also buy the pet training pads from Costco.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training