Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Neighbor smoking

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 3:51 pm
My neighbor sits on his steps, which are located right out my window & smokes literally all day. The smoke comes right in & my house stinks. I have a headache & im going crazy by now!
I'm imagining that it doesn't make sense for me to say anything. Just want to hear what you people have to say.

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 3:52 pm
What kind of home do you live in? Apartment? Rented something? Location? Some states have laws.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 4:04 pm
I'm renting, I live in the Monsey area.

Boca00

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 7:12 pm
Can you/your husband tell him that you get awful headaches from the smoke, and ask him nicely if he doesn't mind to please smoke somewhere else?

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 7:34 pm
I would go further and tell him you are allergic to smoke, you feel bad, but perhaps he could go elsewhere to smoke. It is penetrating your house and Dr. said its making you sick. Its about YOU...and medical problem , you are not accusing him of wrongdoing. Hope it works, cigarette smoke REALLY makes me sick too. I understand you!!

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 8:05 pm
amother wrote:
I'm renting, I live in the Monsey area.

What kind of unit are you renting? An apartment!m? I googled. In Rockland County, there are a number of smoking laws. http://rocklandgov.com/departm.....gram/

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Oct 30 2017, 8:10 pm
Ugghh. Had the same issue years ago when living in an apt in Monsey. There was the smell and cigarette butts all over the place and little toddlers would pick them up and put them in their mouth! Eww! I moved to a private home because I couldn't stand the selfishness of some people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette