Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Ruchel Weiss Parenting Course and inner child work

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 7:12 pm
I know some people who took her course, and she usually turns her "coursees" into die-hard fans. There are some concepts that I've heard repeated in her name that talk to me and that I'd like to incorporate into my own parenting, however I don't live near her course nor do I have that kind of money to spend right now.

So, my question is, I'm sure the concepts that she teaches are not completely her own. Does anyone know who's ideas she teaches? I'd love to find a book that teaches the same basic concepts.

The particular concept I'm looking to source is the one that she calls "באלאנגען". Loosely translated as "belonging". And that children will misbehave or develop syndromes and conditions because they are getting some sort of emotional reaction from the parent, even if it's internal.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 8:49 pm
Heard she teaches “Adlerian” method, amongst others.

http://www.adlerian.us/parentin.htm

crust

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 9:08 pm
amother wrote:

She does.
I dont think anything I read or heard was as powerful as sitting through this course twice.

How much you gain will depend very much on the group. I gained so much from the honest real life examples of the women I went with.

I tried to join a third round. I came for one session. The women in that specific group were very nice but there was a certain tension in the room. Everyone was biting thier lips. The only problem they struggled with was; "I feel guilty going out at night leaving the kids behind" or "my daughter asks for help decorating her poetry book- should I do it"???.... I felt like come on!! You have a dozen children each and these are your issues? Get real!! You are not here because of poetry books sweetie.

Yes there was one woman sharing real struggles and I admired her for that but I did not feel comfortable sharing in that setting. So I ended up not going anymore.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:53 am
amother wrote:

Thank you for that link. I guess it's the information gatherer in me that needs to have all possible information about this before I can try either her course or the method.

In the link, he mentions that the information is from Hugh Misseldine's book, Your Inner Child of the Past. I thought I detected inner child work in her method.

Can anyone who took her course and also does inner child work expound on how they work together?

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:56 am
crust wrote:
She does.
I dont think anything I read or heard was as powerful as sitting through this course twice.

How much you gain will depend very much on the group. I gained so much from the honest real life examples of the women I went with.

I tried to join a third round. I came for one session. The women in that specific group were very nice but there was a certain tension in the room. Everyone was biting thier lips. The only problem they struggled with was; "I feel guilty going out at night leaving the kids behind" or "my daughter asks for help decorating her poetry book- should I do it"???.... I felt like come on!! You have a dozen children each and these are your issues? Get real!! You are not here because of poetry books sweetie.

Yes there was one woman sharing real struggles and I admired her for that but I did not feel comfortable sharing in that setting. So I ended up not going anymore.

Where can I find her live in person classes? I'm I. Brooklyn

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 12:18 pm
amother wrote:
Where can I find her live in person classes? I'm I. Brooklyn

347-320-9899. Her Boro Park classes are conducted in Yiddish. She does a Flatbush class in English.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 4:06 pm
I don't know if she takes the courses from here but it can be from CODA. Or OA or something like that. There is a group in BP by the public library on 13&43 in basement every Wednesday at 10ish for a group of women who discuss different things like inner child etc.

crust

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 4:14 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if she takes the courses from here but it can be from CODA. Or OA or something like that. There is a group in BP by the public library on 13&43 in basement every Wednesday at 10ish for a group of women who discuss different things like inner child etc.

There is nothing in the course similar to CODA or OA.
Its not for inner child work either. She will not acknowledge it.

ChutzPAh

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:44 pm
What are her credentials

smile18

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:50 pm
She gives yiddish classes in Williamsburg too. 718-928-5380

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 7:45 pm
crust wrote:
There is nothing in the course similar to CODA or OA.
Its not for inner child work either. She will not acknowledge it.

Correct. Nothing at all about OA or CODA or inner childwork! I wonder where that came from. Gosh.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:55 am
Bumping this up.

Someone recommended I take this course to deal with my child that has many food allergies. How does this correlate? I can't make sense of it. How can this heal my child's physical ailment?

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:28 am
For physomatic illnesses, child needs sarnos method. For healing allergies naturally maybe a kineseolgist.

crust

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 2:10 pm
amother wrote:
Bumping this up.

Someone recommended I take this course to deal with my child that has many food allergies. How does this correlate? I can't make sense of it. How can this heal my child's physical ailment?

Because some people get so fargliebt that they believe that everything can help for everything.

Some people understand that according to Rocha, everything is about wrong connection. Child developed allergies? Its because the child has a wrong connection with mom. If mom will disconnect from the misbehavior or the thing that causes her anxiety (in this case the allergies), the child will no longer develop it.

Twisted.

As with any other thing- take what's good and leave the rest.
Rocha Weiss will not make your childs allergies learning disabilities or any other real isues go away.

She will help you HANDLE THEM rationally.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 2:16 pm
Thanks Crust and dankbar. Both of your responses were what I was thinking.

Allergy issue aside, is her course that amazing?

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 9:57 pm
Her idea with such things like crying baby while teething....is how mom reacts....that even baby is in pain doesn't mean they have to screw down moms head all night. If mom has too much rachmanas, baby feels it & takes advantage of moms weakness. I imagine same idea if child is reacting to allergies.

I found her method worked for my child when I took it when she started out lke 10 yrs ago. She doesn't talk much, but it's more of a workshop where people share their success stories, where they implented a new technique learned.

It's very good for power struggle kids where you don't engage in the power struggle just change your thoughts, emotions, reactions to the negative behavior to disconnect the negative connection & replace with a positive connection. It's a process.

dankbar

Post Thu, Jan 31 2019, 10:00 pm
My preteen kid was arguing with me....& in midst I changed my thoughts...he right away felt it & started helping me, on his own accord, instead, that was in middle of argument.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Feb 21 2019, 8:42 am
amother wrote:

Can anyone who took her course and also does inner child work expound on how they work together?

I don't know about Ruchel Weiss's course, but I know Blimie Heller (from @unconditional_parenting) is starting a course soon with an attachment therapist. It's in Brooklyn.
From what I understand, they will focus on inner child work and how it relates to parenting in the 'here-and-now'.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics