Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
The Black Friday Thread
  Previous  1  2  3   16  17  18  Next

Simplemom

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:12 am
I'm looking for a laptop. If anyone sees a good sale, please let me know. I'm not so experienced with online shopping. Thanks!

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:48 am
I'm also looking for a laptop. There are a zillion deals out there and choosing is harder than finding. One difficulty is that a lot of brands/stores have especially stripped down versions of popular computers just for these sales. So it's a little mental gymnastics to judge what's really a good buy. It's also harder to find an actual sale on the actual computer you wanted, since the sales are on specific configurations. So I saw a computer I really liked that was very well discounted - but it was still well over my budget because it was the highest configuration. I would have loved a similar discount on a more modest configuration of the same computer, but that's not on sale. It costs the same amount as the specced out version because the better one is on sale. But my budget stays down. So I end up just confused with all the choices only this time I don't think I can afford to just sit out the sales and end up without a new computer for another year. Mine is working at the moment but I don't feel that I can rely on it anymore, it gets super annoying at times like when the keyboard randomly stops working for a few days... Rolling Eyes And I never installed Office on this computer, and I'm starting to really miss it for certain types of work I do, but I figure it's not worth buying when this computer is going to die imminently anyway. As for Office365, there are discounts on that with new computers too, so may as well just do it all at once. Just so confused which to buy.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:48 am
Maybe we should start a separate "which laptop" thread...

Maryann

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:50 am
Looking for a curling wand, iron? Thanks

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:59 am
Again, me too! But I'm looking for one on the cheap. I saw some fancier brand hair tools in the ads - don't remember which, but I'm guessing Kohls or JC Penney? Look there. But not cheap, just big discounts on ones that used to be more expensive. I want like $20ish for a casual touch-up.

INSPIREME

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:45 pm
Looking for down blankets - or a very good imitation -TIA

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:50 pm
Kohl's has their down alternative comforters for $20 again. I love them. They're not quite like down (much lighter) but they are soft, fluffy, and warm.

crust

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 12:52 pm
Looking for well priced Weighted Blankets.

OutATowner

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:07 pm
Kosheronabudget has a great list organized by product type for 2017 BF sales. Subscribe to her emails to access it. Last year I got playmags for less than half price from her emails.

As for BF being "assur," it is referring to economics and companies going into the "black" when sales are good this time of year. Maybe someone can explain that better. Really has more to do with Xmas shopping than Thanksgiving. But even then, BF is 100% commercial and sales based.

Adela

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:14 pm
Looking for a plus size married sister of the bride gown where would I find a good BF deal?

rgr

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:36 pm
Adela wrote:
Looking for a plus size married sister of the bride gown where would I find a good BF deal?

No clue if they have that type of thing, but
Last Call Neiman Marcus has $150 off of $300.

http://kollelbudget.com/103101/

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 1:51 pm
Adela wrote:

The real sales will be after New Years. But try Neiman Marcus Last Call and Nordstrom Rack. Both stores occasionally have high-end gowns for pennies on the dollar.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....0GOLD

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....BLUSH

wow

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:01 pm
I'm looking for a bugaboo bee stroller and / or Doona. If anyone sees anything about this please let me know. I have as of yet not found anything.

benny

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:57 pm
I’m looking for dishes, stemware and cutlery to buy a lot of for a Simcha! Hoping to find some good deals!

little neshamala

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:01 pm
Anyone know if refrigerators go on sale now? Looking to buy one..

OutATowner

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:10 pm
Little neshamala- I think Lowe's or Home Depot were advertising 40% off major appliances for pre holiday season. Also, if you have a Bjs membership they had major appliances in their BF preview catalog.
Did someone ask about pots? Dont know if this is good, but copied from kollelbudget: AMAZON: CALPHALON TRI-PLY STAINLESS STEEL 13-PIECE COOKWARE SET ONLY $194.81 + FREE SHIPPING

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:16 pm
benny wrote:
I’m looking for dishes, stemware and cutlery to buy a lot of for a Simcha! Hoping to find some good deals!

For a simcha meaning you want disposables or real?

benny

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:12 pm
Real

mfb

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:32 pm
Toddler size bunting for stroller if anyone sees

OMG!

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:36 pm
I'm looking for good quality electric pencil sharpener. Bjs had for $20. But would love to find better price so I can let kids use on their own. Thank you
Page 2 of 18   Previous  1  2  3   16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains