Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Photo Book Online - many pictures per page

pause

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:06 am
I've read previous threads on photo books. I'm looking specifically for which site would be the best to lay out many pictures on one page; I'm picturing like 20 or more. I need a site that won't give me a hard time with that. I don't need any fancy designing or captions. My priority is lots of pictures, and an easy system to work with. I used to use Artscow but I found their site very clumsy. Oh, and cheap pricing is another qualification. Thanks!

miami85

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:15 am
pause wrote:
I've read previous threads on photo books. I'm looking specifically for which site would be the best to lay out many pictures on one page; I'm picturing like 20 or more. I need a site that won't give me a hard time with that. I don't need any fancy designing or captions. My priority is lots of pictures, and an easy system to work with. I used to use Artscow but I found their site very clumsy. Oh, and cheap pricing is another qualification. Thanks!

I guess one issue with so many pictures is having them big enough to actually see them, and larger photobooks tend to be more expensive. I've used Shutterfly in the past--mainly b/c I have coupons but even with them their shipping is very prohibitive when you're on a very tight budget.

I don't know much about them but have you tried Snapfish?I've used them for things when Shutterfly wouldn't accomplish what I wanted.

pause

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:18 am
I haven't used any really. I once tried using shutterfly but my project got stuck in middle so I never really figured out if I could do more pictures per page.

I don't need the pictures big enough to be very clear because I separately do 4x6 prints. This is more of an occasion/memories kind of album. So I want to fit as many memories as I can per page.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:29 am
We usually use Snapfish or Shutterfly, whichever has better promotions at the moment, and find their interface very straightforward and intuitive. But I don't know if they'll let you put that many pictures on a page; the most we've ever tried is probably 5 or 6.

pause

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:32 am
doctorima wrote:
We usually use Snapfish or Shutterfly, whichever has better promotions at the moment, and find their interface very straightforward and intuitive. But I don't know if they'll let you put that many pictures on a page; the most we've ever tried is probably 5 or 6.

See, that's what I need to know right now. Before I start uploading a few hundred pictures...

youngishbear

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 9:47 am
Pause, you can prepare collages using photoshop and upload them to print on a full page. I did that years ago on VioVio. I uploaded 20 PDFs instead of 100 pictures. Maybe by now there are other sites that let you upload PDFs.

As a plus, I still have the file and can print the exact same thing again anytime.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 10:32 am
Before you upload the pictures, just go to Snapfish/Shutterfly and choose "Create a photo book" and then look at the template they give you, and see what layouts are available and how many pictures they let you squeeze on a page. You should be able to do this without uploading all the pics, thought maybe you'll need to do 1 or 2 just to add to the photo book to be allowed to see the template.

pause

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 11:11 am
doctorima, I did that. It seems like shutterfly is going to work for me. I started already!

bigsis144

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 11:14 am
Snapfish has page templates for 9-12 photos on a single page, but you can crop, drag and resize images to fit 20 or more per page if you want, though they will be pretty small.

I have made 2 photo books (8x11 inch) on Snapfish

ysdm

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:08 pm
I have not had a great experience with artscow. They are cheap but the quality is low.
Iny high quality pictures, brown hair printed out purplish

fbmommy

Post Sun, Nov 12 2017, 1:55 pm
I love Shutterfly, you can definitely squeeze in plenty of pictures on a page. I have put 9-12 pictures on a page and they are quite clear, also if you crop them and cut out some background you can see the faces better. Besides for the template they offer, you can also customize each page and add in more pictures. Obviously this takes more time, but will allow you to get in all your pictures. They offer free shipping over $39, so just do a few books at once when they are 50% off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art