Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Songs that Get Stuck In Your Head
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:46 pm
iyar wrote:
This is an illness I've suffered from for ages. Songs get stuck in my head all the time, sometimes for days. At last, I thought, a thread that's all about MY problem. So I jumped in and started to read. I can't think of a worse decision I've made in the last six months.
I absolutely HATE the KarsforKids jingle. I will run across a room faster than a speeding bullet to shut the radio if I sense it's about to begin. Now it's playing in my head on a constant endless loop. I'm having a hard time maintaining the appropriate level of fury at an amother who calls herself "Rutabaga" (how can you be angry at a rutabaga?). I just wanted to let you know, Rutabaga, that you've ruined my evening.
If anyone knows how to get that jingle OUT OF MY BRAIN, please post immediately.

Hahahaha that really made me laugh out loud! Researchers suggest standing on a soapbox on 13th ave and singing it at the top of your lungs. (If any men are present, feel free to put a fishbowl over your head first.)

relish

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:46 pm
Boca00 and Iyar, you have me in tears from laughing so hard! Thank you!!!

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:47 pm
iyar wrote:
If anyone knows how to get that jingle OUT OF MY BRAIN, please post immediately.

Sing "It's a Small World" instead Twisted Evil

cnc

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:47 pm
Isn't it amazing how Kars4 Kids had never updated their jingle?

crust

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:48 pm
zaq wrote:
A musical genius with a phonographic memory. Or a six- year-old.

Thats a 6 word word. Perhaps there is no such word. Thanks anway.

I dont think a six year old defines it well. Not all six- year-olds have phongraphic memory and not everyone with phonographic memory is six years old.

Last edited by crust on Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:49 pm
Yes the kars4kids jingle is the worst!!!

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:49 pm
Does anyone remember the "Dr. Shapiro, Hair Institute" jingle that used to play on the radio over and over ad nauseum?

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:53 pm
iyar wrote:
This is an illness I've suffered from for ages. Songs get stuck in my head all the time, sometimes for days. At last, I thought, a thread that's all about MY problem. So I jumped in and started to read. I can't think of a worse decision I've made in the last six months.
I absolutely HATE the KarsforKids jingle. I will run across a room faster than a speeding bullet to shut the radio if I sense it's about to begin. Now it's playing in my head on a constant endless loop. I'm having a hard time maintaining the appropriate level of fury at an amother who calls herself "Rutabaga" (how can you be angry at a rutabaga?). I just wanted to let you know, Rutabaga, that you've ruined my evening.

Oops! My deepest apologies!

fbc

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:53 pm
Lol lately it's been the uncle moishy pizza song because my 21 month old just became obsessed with it and can listen to it like 10 times a day...!!

iyar

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:58 pm
Thank you Boca! (I guess I should forget about the possibility I'll find shidduchim for my kids after this?)

And your deepest apologies are accepted, Rutabaga. (rutabaga??)

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:59 pm
My kids' camp songs.

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:03 pm
iyar wrote:
Thank you Boca! (I guess I should forget about the possibility I'll find shidduchim for my kids after this?)

And your deepest apologies are accepted, Rutabaga. (rutabaga??)

Whoever can't accept your kids because their mother followed sound scientific advice proven to cure a malady doesn't DESERVE your little angels.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:16 pm
The Sound of Silence. It can play softly in the background of my mind for days in a row.

I don't know the kars-for-kids jingle and now I'm terrified to hear it! Is there a term for earwormphobia?

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:21 pm
youngishbear wrote:
The Sound of Silence. It can play softly in the background of my mind for days in a row.

I don't know the kars-for-kids jingle and now I'm terrified to hear it! Is there a term for earwormphobia?

Omg! Yes I forgot to add the Sound of Silence. I guess some people do share the same earworms after all.

If there isn't the term yet, there should be.

mommyla

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:22 pm
youngishbear wrote:

Don't. DON'T! Don't look it up!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:23 pm
youngishbear wrote:

On WABC in NY some of the talk show hosts have comical discussions about how dreadful the kars4kids jingle is. It's funny because as soon as it started to play my toddlers would get all excited sing along and dance to that jingle. I believe it's one of Uncle Moishys tunes .

zaq

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:24 pm
mommyla wrote:
Sing "It's a Small World" instead Twisted Evil
Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

youngishbear

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:26 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Omg! Yes I forgot to add the Sound of Silence. I guess some people do share the same earworms after all.

If there isn't the term yet, there should be.

On numerous occasions I've burst into song together with someone else, both of us singing the same song and starting from the exact same point in the song. Whether it's an airborne earworm infection, telepathy, the power of suggestion that worked on both of us, or mere coincidence, is a matter for scientific scrutiny.

Boca00

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:30 pm
youngishbear wrote:
On numerous occasions I've burst into song together with someone else, both of us singing the same song and starting from the exact same point in the song. Whether it's an airborne earworm infection, telepathy, the power of suggestion that worked on both of us, or mere coincidence, is a matter for scientific scrutiny.

Hmm.. Zaq, you gonna weigh in on this? Cuz here's Exhibit A that earworms are contagious by telepathy.

youngishbear

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:41 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Hmm.. Zaq, you gonna weigh in on this? Cuz here's Exhibit A that earworms are contagious by telepathy.

The plural of anecdote is not data.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics