Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Songs that Get Stuck In Your Head
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

youngishbear

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 10:41 am
Boca00 wrote:
But it's working, right??

If it isn't, we can take a page out of Rupert and the Royal Hiccups and try alternatively singing it into a paper bag or humming it with your nose clamped.

If that doesn't help, a rendition of "I'm so sick of Rachem" by Gershon Veroba should sufficiently distract you from your own parasitical tune. I, for one, have completely forgotten which one it was. Sending you distraction via telepathy! Music Director

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 10:45 am
glamourmom wrote:
I actually love this song even though it's not appropriate for me to sing. it takes super human efforts not to sing along or aloud when it's stuck in my head.

I sing it with my husband all the time, lol. We love x-mas music, lol. I happen to love let it snow, as well.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 10:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I sing it with my husband all the time, lol. We love x-mas music, lol. I happen to love let it snow, as well.

me too. it reminds me of this glowing time of year. embarrassed
I sing anything in front of husband but not in front of other family and friends. the stares id get.... shock

Beingreal

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 10:54 am
Ha ha! Love this thread! I play music all day long so after the kids go to sleep uncle moishy...shmuel kunda songs are stuck in my head....but lately its also newsies from broadway songs..

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:14 am
Megahn Trainer.. Cause I'm All About the Bass.....

glamourmom

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:23 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
Megahn Trainer.. Cause I'm All About the Bass.....

and my name is no my number is no you need to let it go... when that song came out and I wanted to tell my kid no in a nice funny way. I should start using this song again in such situations.

I love this thread.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 11:30 am
"Smile what's the use of crying..." Plays every time I call a certain number.
But I love this song. Don't mind when it's stuck in my head. So Zaq- what a pleasant earworm called?
An earfuzz? An earkiss? An earpillow? Earcloud? Earcrush? Earmassage?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:15 pm
InnerMe wrote:
"Smile what's the use of crying..." Plays every time I call a certain number.
But I love this song. Don't mind when it's stuck in my head. So Zaq- what a pleasant earworm called?
An earfuzz? An earkiss? An earpillow? Earcloud? Earcrush? Earmassage?

A top ten hit.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:47 pm
Yeah, but that doesn't have the same perfection as "earworm"

relish

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:49 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Yeah, but that doesn't have the same perfection as "earworm"

I vote earfuzz, but my autocorrect voted earful.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:56 pm
Found a word! Ear candy.
http://boards.straightdope.com......html

STMommy

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 1:58 pm
When "Call Me Maybe" came out, there were numerous articles explaining how songwriters are able to deliberately turn songs into "earworms", I.e., make them more likely to be "catchy" and get stuck in your head. Here are two articles about it, with the second being more technical for the musical among you:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertai.....26202

https://chadshankmusic.wordpre.....well/

Boca00

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 4:05 pm
STMommy wrote:
When "Call Me Maybe" came out, there were numerous articles explaining how songwriters are able to deliberately turn songs into "earworms", I.e., make them more likely to be "catchy" and get stuck in your head. Here are two articles about it, with the second being more technical for the musical among you:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertai.....26202

https://chadshankmusic.wordpre.....well/

That's just cruel, and should be illegal.

Thanks for sharing these articles!

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:14 pm
What does a professional musician with a song stuck in his or her head if trying to play a different song?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:37 pm
imasoftov wrote:
What does a professional musician with a song stuck in his or her head if trying to play a different song?

Same thing a baal koreh does when he has to lein megillah and he has haftarah trope stuck in his head.

Boca00

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 8:47 pm
zaq wrote:
Same thing a baal koreh does when he has to lein megillah and he has haftarah trope stuck in his head.

Which is what?

zaq

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:07 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Which is what?

I haven’t the foggiest.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 9:24 pm
zaq wrote:

I of course have never read from any scroll because women don't do that, but I've heard a rumor that the tune of the brachot helps with that.

pause

Post Tue, Nov 14 2017, 10:48 pm
what makes you beautiful (I heard it once and actually searched the song based on a few key words.) The "oh-oh-oh" is stuck.

cbsp

Post Wed, Nov 15 2017, 12:46 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
On WABC in NY some of the talk show hosts have comical discussions about how dreadful the kars4kids jingle is. It's funny because as soon as it started to play my toddlers would get all excited sing along and dance to that jingle. I believe it's one of Uncle Moishys tunes .

I thought it was Country Yossi's "It's Gonna be the Little Kinderlach"

And they did an updated, jazzed up version. Oorah has an video of an interview with the kids done a few years later... For some reason, though, I still hear the original one played more often.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics