Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
My DS is three and doesn't seem anywhere close to ready
Previous  1  2

GAMZu

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 10:46 pm
A kid's head is the widest part of his body, so if you get it over the head, you can get it down the body.
Lap-shoulder shirts have a WIDE neck. I use sleeveless undershirts that have a deep cut neck, so that's easy to pull down.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 10:57 pm
Put him on the potty every hour for a few minutes. eventually he'll 'go' and he'll realize the sensation of what it feels like when he's about to go. Then you gotta hound him every 10 minutes 'do you need to use the bathroom'? Maybe let him go around without underwear and as soon as you or he see that he's starting to 'go', rush him to the potty. It's a logn process but eventually he'll catch on.

smile

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 6:04 am
someone told me once that if you dip the fingers in warm Thumbs Up water then it will cause the person to need the toilet. so I tried it out with dd and I couldn[t believe when after a few minutes she needed the toilet. that was the first time she made in the toilet.

Mommastuff

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 1:36 pm
smile wrote:
someone told me once that if you dip the fingers in warm Thumbs Up water then it will cause the person to need the toilet. so I tried it out with dd and I couldn[t believe when after a few minutes she needed the toilet. that was the first time she made in the toilet.

I'm glad that worked cuz I was told to run the faucet but that didn't help Crying

cassandra

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 2:00 pm
Don't worry. When my ds turned 3 (he is the second) he had absolutely no interest either. I was worried because he needed to be trained for school (3 months away) but didn't push him AT ALL. One day, at 3 years 1 month he decided he was ready, only used the toilet from then on, and never had an accident. So don't make yourself crazy. He'll get there.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training