Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Will someone please let G-d know
Previous  1  2

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:21 pm
Amalia wrote:
Major, major hugs, OP

I very much hope and wish that you wil get some support from posting here: in the form of practical help, women dovening for you as well as giving you chizzuk.

I agree completely with Kiwi13's and youngishbear's take on this.

Dear Seas, please do not rebuke or lecture or give mussar (correct or not) to a person crying out in pain - physical or emotional (as we learned from Yiov's friends).

Dear youngishbear,

I am so interested in the song that you put out, but my Yiddish is very rudimentary. Can you please translate it into English (and post it here or send it to me in a pm)? I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you.

I don't have the headspace to do this justice, but the basic translation is that "they say there's a nusach from Rebbe Bunem from Peshischa who argued with Hashem. He said Hashem, accept us the way we are and bring us out of golus while we are still Jews, rather than as nonJews chas veshalom."

Is it disrespectful? I've seen elderly yidden sing it with tears in their eyes, begging Hashem to save this relationship, STAT.

The tune is hauntingly beautiful, too. I'm not sure where you can hear it but it was turned into an oddly appropriate dance tune last year on an album called Moleh Simcha 3. The introduction starts like the old hartzig version then the beat picks up in a dance refrain.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:33 pm
Found the version I was referring to:

chicco

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:34 pm
OP, I am sorry you are struggling, and I hope you soon find the answers you are looking for.

I, myself was a little taken aback by your choice of words. You seem to imply that there is something that Gd needs to be told by someone, a human no less, and further that His decision to run the world this way is faulty.

I don't mean to mitigate your pain, but I think this attitude is dangerous and pulls you away from truly having that relationship you crave. This "long distance relationship" is both one that we are responsible for causing, and also for maintaining. Hashem is always right there and waiting for us to show Him that we want to be closer. If anything we need someone to reiterate to ourselves or teach us how to effectively change the status of this 'long distance' relationship.

Hashem does want to hear all of our feelings, even the ones that are unpleasant, but I don't think there is ever room in this relationship to criticize Him or imply any sort of lacking.

I apologize if my post is hurtful in any way, it certainly is not meant to be.

Hatzlacha.

Seas

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 7:42 pm
Thank you, Chicco. I was going to reply but you worded it so much more eloquently than I could.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:43 pm
crust wrote:
הלוואי

Eta I thought you were referring to Seas.

I was referring to both OP and some of the responses. I don't think OP means disrespect or that any posters meant to hurt her.

sister1

Post Thu, Nov 16 2017, 9:56 pm
OP, I don't think I can communicate to Him oyur request, but I can submit to HIm a passionate cry to please make your life easier, better, warmer- whatever things you need - only good, PLEASE!!!!
I don't know if you want this - if not, just shut it out, but even though Hashem is so far from us, you can tell Him whatever you want to say, good, bad, awful, complaints - you can yell ans sceram and cry to Him and He is really really ready to listen - you can vent all you want and ask Him to help you make the relationship not so long distance
I always lose touch with my long distance friends and then I'm sad that we're not friends anymore. Long distance takes way more effort but with Hashem we're promised it's worth it.
Only good!

shanie5

Post Wed, Nov 22 2017, 8:30 pm
A person usually only yells at those s/he is closest to. So yelling at Hashem is a sign of how close you feel to HIM. I have yelled at him when in major pain. "Enough already! What do you want from me? Stop it! I've had it!" And more. It has helped. I have felt better, and truly feel that HE was responding to me. I do not feel I was disrespectful. I was relating to HIM in the only way I could at the time. Hashem knows what is in our hearts and will not punish us more if we turn to HIM in any way.

Amalia

Post Thu, Nov 23 2017, 12:03 pm
Thank you, youngishbear, for the translation and the link
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics