Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Chairs scraping the floor

adorable

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 12:35 pm
in my dining room I have big wooden dining room chairs that are always scraping the floors. I tried a few times sticking on those foam things, but they always fall off, I think because on bottom of the cahir, the bump is very small and even the tiny stickers dont stick.

anyone have any otehr ideas?

thanks

supermom

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 12:44 pm
my mother bought these cushions that fit like a glove on the bottom of the chairs that way they didn't fall off and they didn't scrape the wood either don't know where to get it the only thing I can think of is asking a furniture store if they can suggest something or a place to buy those cushions.

shira

Post Wed, Aug 03 2005, 5:38 pm
use the sticky foam thingies and hammer a nail into the center of each one- that way they wont fall off. Obviously, it has to be hammered in tight enough so that it kind of depresses the foam pad. Otherwise, the nail will protrude and will scrape the flooras well!

queenie

Post Tue, Aug 16 2005, 10:46 am
I think you are talking about the felt round self sticking pieces right?

If they don't stick bc of size you can try buying smaller ones, at home depot they have all different sizes and you can attach it with contact cement. It comes in a tube for about $3. You could also try foam tape that can be cut to size or just a piece of duct tape. I would go to a large box style hardware store and ask them. Measure the diameter of the bottom of the chair leg (even if it's less than an inch) and ask at the store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics