Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Intuition

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 6:55 am
Did you have a feeling youre having multiples before finding out? And what made you think its multiples?

amother
Brunette

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 9:58 am
I had a feeling because I got a belly as early as 8 weeks. I also had a feeling because all of a sudden everything around me was twins. A friend of mine had twins. A women on my block had twins and I met her and out of the blue she started telling me everything about her preganacy and delivery bla bla bla....

But.....
I was wrong.... I’m carrying only one.

So if you have a feeling you’re carrying twins, there are chances that you are wrong.
Good luck.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:15 am
I do have twins-but was a total shock when I found out.

TwinsMommy

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:25 am
We did IVF and put in two. I was hoping both would take. Based on hcg numbers I figured it was twins even before the first scan which was early.

little neshamala

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:34 am
I had the strongest feeling ever that it was twins. I was showing by 7 weeks, and for some reason just had this crazy feeling that its twins. The feeling was so strong I was actually surprised when the doc only saw one heartbeat. Lol. Not twins. So much for my feelings Smile

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:38 am
little neshamala wrote:
I had the strongest feeling ever that it was twins. I was showing by 7 weeks, and for some reason just had this crazy feeling that its twins. The feeling was so strong I was actually surprised when the doc only saw one heartbeat. Lol. Not twins. So much for my feelings Smile

Same here.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:43 am
So im 6 weeks and showing already. My exhaustion is thru the roof. I have this crazy feeling that its twins but I guess I can calm down till my sonogram next week.
Another thing that made me think its twins was when my dr checked the size of my uterus. He told me after he checked it that he'll send me for a sono (they dont do it in their office) and well find out how many babies are in there. So maybe he was also thinking its twins. I guess ill have to wait and see

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:56 am
Also I gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks, and im not even eating a lot! I guess all of this makes me think this is not a singleton pregnancy...

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 10:59 am
Early on I had a strong feeling it was twins. I wasn’t really basing it on anything logical, just this strong gut feeling. At 5 weeks I had an ultrasound and I was right - twins!! :-)

In retrospect it was the earliest I’d ever gotten a positive pregnancy test (barely past 3 weeks, my period wasn’t even due for at least another week) and my numbers rose quickly. But I’ve had similarly high numbers in the past with a singleton pregnancy, so I didn’t really think much of that. By 5 weeks I still didn't have too many symptoms, it was still very early. A few weeks after that though... everything hit full force. More intense nausea for example, and I started showing earlier than usual...

I happened to have had a feeling that was right, but as you can see from other posters, that doesn’t always mean much.

Bshaa tova!!

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
Also I gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks, and im not even eating a lot! I guess all of this makes me think this is not a singleton pregnancy...

In my experience, the rapid extra weight gain from a twin pregnancy didn’t start until much later into the pregnancy when the babies themselves started gaining weight. A lot of people gain a bit extra in the beginning from extra fluid, twins or not.

Are you hoping to have twins?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
In my experience, the rapid extra weight gain from a twin pregnancy didn’t start until much later into the pregnancy when the babies themselves started gaining weight. A lot of people gain a bit extra in the beginning from extra fluid, twins or not.

Are you hoping to have twins?

No. The thought of twins scares me. I'm just trying to calm myself that its not twins even tho I feel like it probably is.

As a side note, I always wanted twins, but my first 2 were really close in age and it was very hard on me so that wish sorta faded...

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 11:10 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
We did IVF and put in two. I was hoping both would take. Based on hcg numbers I figured it was twins even before the first scan which was early.

Same. My HCG was high but I didn’t let myself get excited until my ultrasound.
And if I wouldn’t have transferred 2 I would have had no intuition of twins. I didn’t feel any different that with my Singleton. (Until about 5-6 months).

Miri7

Post Fri, Nov 24 2017, 11:11 am
I had brutal morning sickness, all the time sickness, when pregnant with my twins. From very early in the pregnancy. It was more than double what I️ had with my singles.

Teomima

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 12:30 pm
I had been trying for a while and right around when I got pregnant, I kept daydreaming about having a baby, and for some reason those dreams always involved two babies. I didn't feel surprised at all when the u/s tech announced two heartbeats...in fact, I often "joke" with my husband that had they said, "here's the heartbeat" I'd have responded with, "and where's the other one?"

RebekahsMom

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 4:41 pm
A friend of mine was a twin, she’s older (60’s). Her mother told us that when she was in labor and pushed out her sister, they told her “keep pushing! There’s one more” and she screamed back “I can’t have another! I only have room for one in the apartment!”

I had a friend who had 5 kids, all boys. She got pregnant with the worst morning sickness ever. Finally! Must be the girl she was waiting for! Nope. Twin boys. Thankfully she had 2 step-daughters.

I never had multiples, but I have had dreams where I knew exactly what they were.

rowo

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 6:11 pm
My last pregnancy I had a pretty strong feeling for quite a while. The only sonogram I did was the 20 week one.
A few weeks before the midwife had said my uterus was measuring a bit bigger than it should have been for that stage.
So for the few weeks until my sonogram I was convinced it was twins, getting very nervous, lots of googling and browsing twin equipment Wink
But there was just one 👶🏻

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sat, Nov 25 2017, 7:04 pm
Not trying to scare you, but there is a thing called disappearing twin syndrome where the pregnancy starts as twins and for some reason one of the twins doesn't take and is absorbed back into the body. This actually happened to me. My last pregnancy actually started out as twins. My dr & I had no idea until the 2nd ultrasound at about 8 weeks when we saw the failed twin sac. I'm actually quite relieved I didn't have twins.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more