Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Eating at guests and finding their food repulsive
Previous  1  2

LittleMissMama

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 5:44 pm
Well most people aren't intentionally trying to serve you bad food or not enough food so there's that....

We all have similar stories - you just laugh about it one day Smile

Once we ate by someone who lived in a noticeably dirty apartment. I went into the kitchen to help and she mentioned a cockroach infestation and when she opened the silverware drawer, there were roaches crawling around. On the silverware. Beat that! It was years and years ago....not sure what we did in terms of eating

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 6:03 pm
Slightly different issue but we once were invited to eat by distant family (we were on a trip out of the country) and someone we THOUGHT was totally trustworthy told us we could eat by this family. Well. As we were there we started noticing products that were NOT kosher, and at that point we didn't know what to do. We filled out plates with raw vegetables and bread and mumbled about a diet we were on.... It was awful....

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:41 pm
Since Whenever I’m invited anywhere, I bring something. There’s always something to eat,

Since I started eating keto, I really bring my own food in case there is really nothing I can eat. I recently ate at a friend who I thought understood that I was not eating carbs and starch and they put sweet sauce on everything. Very little in the way of low carb veg. I’d brought a rib steak and green veg even though they made it clear that we ere guests and it was not pot luck. I made no apologies.

RebekahsMom

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 7:57 pm
When we invite my SIL over, we have appetizers, snacks, sides, dessert. We went to her house, it is just soup, so salty we could barely eat. Not a financial issue, she just wants us to know that feeding us is a lower priority than getting her nails done.

As a general rule, I try to insist that I’d love to bring something to complement the dish (a loaf of bread for soup), a salad, or a side. This way, I’m guaranteed to have something to eat. “Thankfully” my son had a lot of feeding issues early on, so people were used to me bringing things for him.

And I am such a klutz! You have no idea how many times I’ve “accidentally” dropped a dirty fork and insisted that it’s no trouble if I wash it myself.

busymother

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 8:05 pm
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who sometimes puts up a cholent when we eat out!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette