Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Eye Dr. Clyde Alexander - London
Previous  1  2

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:37 pm
I have 2 Appointments with Dr. Alexander to give away in February. Anyone interested in taking over the appointments?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:42 pm
why aren't you going? Did you find someone else?

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 10:40 pm
Local eye dr. Said son is not a candidate, he wouldn't benefit from prism...

Frummommy138

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:30 am
Surrendered wrote:

I was told the same and bh, prism glasses has helped my son tremendously! Local eye dr told me there was nothing to do to help my son read better, and I should just accept that he'd always be an "auditory learner".

I use Dr Clyde Alexander for 2 of my kids and cannot praise him enough, we bh were zoche to see wonders with prism glasses.
It's a one day visit, many I know don't even stay overnight. It is exhausting and costly, but it's worth every cent, especially since helping our kids reach their potential is priceless.
He is extremely honest and won't push it if he thinks it won't help.
I tried somebody locally who he supposedly trained, who charged 3x the price he asks, and it was a DISASTER.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 5:54 am
Surrendered wrote:

May I recommend simply canceling the appointments to make them available to whoever calls Dr. Alexander's office?

vet techy

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 11:27 am
Surrendered - first let me explain something most eye doctors are not knowledgeable in prisms. They don't learn about it in optometry school.
It's like going to a pedatrician because a child is having ear infections but the dr. doesn't think that the child needs tubes but then when the child goes to an ENT who is more knowledgable it turns out the child would benefit tubes.

Now to the difference between Nayor and Alexander.
I could be way off the mark maybe someone who went to Alexander could correct me if I am wrong but what I was told is Alexander focuses on reading issues only where as Nayor not only is concerned with reading issues but he focuses on the way a person is in his skin. Does s/he touch a wall when standing to ground themselves in one place? Nayor while the child doesn't realize it is watching the child stand and how the child is interacting.

Also what I heard was that for Alexander's patients in England he recommended vision therapy in conjunction with prisms while his patients here he doesn't so the results might not be so accurate.
Also if the glasses aren't doing the job and the child has to come back for an adjustment which sometimes is the case are you going to go all the way back to England? With Nayor he wants it to be perfect so he won't stop until it is correct and it is much cheaper.

If anyone has any questions if they are in doubt if your child would benefit prisms Dr. Nayor would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Dec 12 2017, 12:45 pm
I'm pretty sure that Dr. Alexander does NOT recommend vision therapy in conjunction with prisms, it's prisms INSTEAD of vision therapy. Also, you do have to go back to England to have the prisms adjusted, I don't know how many times, but you do have to go back, it's usually not just a one time thing.

rabshi

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:09 am
For those living in Israel:

Did anyone try Michlelet Hadassah on Rechov Hanevi'im?

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 6:52 am
vet techy wrote:
Surrendered - first let me explain something most eye doctors are not knowledgeable in prisms. They don't learn about it in optometry school.
It's like going to a pedatrician because a child is having ear infections but the dr. doesn't think that the child needs tubes but then when the child goes to an ENT who is more knowledgable it turns out the child would benefit tubes.

Now to the difference between Nayor and Alexander.
I could be way off the mark maybe someone who went to Alexander could correct me if I am wrong but what I was told is Alexander focuses on reading issues only where as Nayor not only is concerned with reading issues but he focuses on the way a person is in his skin. Does s/he touch a wall when standing to ground themselves in one place? Nayor while the child doesn't realize it is watching the child stand and how the child is interacting.

Also what I heard was that for Alexander's patients in England he recommended vision therapy in conjunction with prisms while his patients here he doesn't so the results might not be so accurate.
Also if the glasses aren't doing the job and the child has to come back for an adjustment which sometimes is the case are you going to go all the way back to England? With Nayor he wants it to be perfect so he won't stop until it is correct and it is much cheaper.

If anyone has any questions if they are in doubt if your child would benefit prisms Dr. Nayor would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Are you saying that prism glasses can be helpful to a child who has balance and spacial issues- always moving and tripping?

vet techy

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
Are you saying that prism glasses can be helpful to a child who has balance and spacial issues- always moving and tripping?

100% yes.
Nayor checks for balancing with everyone. He has a balancing beam that he uses in his exams and he watches them walk.

athomemom

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:02 am
What's the number for Dr. Alexander's office?

Metukah

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:22 am

athomemom

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 4:34 am
Thank you

Chaya123

Post Wed, Aug 15 2018, 2:19 pm
Bumping this up:
I'm seriously considering taking my daughter to Dr Alexander office next week. I actually have apptmt w his associate, Mr. Tompazos.
My daughter is 10.5, going into 5th grade and avoids reading Hebrew at all costs. She was locally diagnosed with convergence insufficiency- where both eyes don't work together so causes strain for her to read.
Does anyone have experience w this? Did anyone see this practice for this issue and see long term results?
I'm just so confused w so many diverse opinions, all not helping and one more costly than the next. I just want to fix this!

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Aug 18 2018, 1:45 pm
We were very successful with Dr. Robert Lederman in Israel.

http://www.ledermanvision.com/.....e.php

rabshi

Post Mon, Sep 24 2018, 2:34 pm
Anyone has any info to share about Norman Aronowitz who worked with Alexander & after making
aliya works in Einit?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 5:37 pm
Chaya123 wrote:
Bumping this up:
I'm seriously considering taking my daughter to Dr Alexander office next week. I actually have apptmt w his associate, Mr. Tompazos.
My daughter is 10.5, going into 5th grade and avoids reading Hebrew at all costs. She was locally diagnosed with convergence insufficiency- where both eyes don't work together so causes strain for her to read.
Does anyone have experience w this? Did anyone see this practice for this issue and see long term results?
I'm just so confused w so many diverse opinions, all not helping and one more costly than the next. I just want to fix this!

I know it’s from awhile ago but I’m case this is still applicable-
Dr Marcie Stein in NY is supposed to be excellent, I know people who have gone to her for diagnosis & vision therapy.
As far as the OT mentioned above, about vision therapy/ prisms not curing the issue completely-
that may sometimes be the case, but in our experience & in the experience of others I know, these did B”H completely solve our children’s issues because the binocular dysfunction was the root cause.

mother4

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:06 pm
Thank you. Just today I came on to research about vision therapy, so I needed this info.

London wife

Post Mon, Dec 31 2018, 8:32 pm
My son was one of Alexander 's first patients. He was 6 years old doing vision therapy and getting nowhere.
Alexander does NOT do or advise any therapy. He is extremely honest and never misleads anyone. Children that are dealt with at a young age, have a greater chance in not having to wear glasses their whole life.
Norman learnt with him in South Africa and is now an optician practicing at Einit in Shamgar. He's good, but nothing like Alexander.
Believe me, he's worth all the money in the world and is a great investment. Countless people from all over the world fly to London to see him and have no regrets. He gets you to return within 6 -
12 months depending.
Mamish a shliach from Hashem
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions