Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Save my spices!

momof2+?

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:07 pm
Actually not such a cute story, but unsure where to put this question under. My son poured water into a brand news spices container. There isn’t ‘swimming’ water in the container, just enough that the spices all stick together. Any way to fix this? I’m thinking of pouring the whole thing onto a baking sheet and putting on the oven? In case it matters, this was a salad seasoning spice. Bought it yesterday 😔

simba

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:15 pm
I personally would not wste the time and cleaning of a baking sheet. I would toss it and pick upa newone next time I am in the store.

momof2+?

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:30 pm
I know ot’s Only 2-3 dollars but I guess I’m More frustrated because it’s not the first time this is happening. My son doesn’t just make trouble, there is ( a lot of times) an expense involved. Picture frames, onion/garlic powder, cocoa, vanilla sugar.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

simba

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:35 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I know ot’s Only 2-3 dollars but I guess I’m More frustrated because it’s not the first time this is happening. My son doesn’t just make trouble, there is ( a lot of times) an expense involved. Picture frames, onion/garlic powder, cocoa, vanilla sugar.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Welcome to mommyhood..maybe you can start a thread on damage done by children and how much it costed.
I might win, bashed up a car pretty badly ..
Move the spices higher up where he can't reach. Especially the cinnamon as it can be a choking hazard.

crust

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:52 pm
momof2+? wrote:

But baking spices will create such an aroma that the headache you will get is not worth the saving of 2-3 bucks.

crust

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 12:55 pm
simba wrote:
Welcome to mommyhood..maybe you can start a thread on damage done by children and how much it costed.
I might win, bashed up a car pretty badly ..
Move the spices higher up where he can't reach. Especially the cinnamon as it can be a choking hazard.

Each one of my children costed me at least a one time cost of $120 for a plumber to remove the toilet because they tried flushing thier pacifiers.

Stars

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:01 pm
Sounds like he would enjoy sensory toys. Play doh, those spiky balls, etc

rgr

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:04 pm
Why is cinnamon more of a hazard than any other spice?

simba

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:14 pm
rgr wrote:
Why is cinnamon more of a hazard than any other spice?

Google it. It is caustic and closes up your throat when inhaled dry ch'v.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:22 pm
You can try adding some rice or dried beans to see if they absorb the moisture. Otherwise, I'd just trash it.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Nov 29 2017, 1:32 pm
This week we spent $500 replacing closet doors my kids broke. I wish it was only a $3 spice container.

If this is not a first time occurrence, definitely time to move spices -- and probably lots of other things, to higher shelves or child-proof those cabinets and drawers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics