Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Frozen chicken soup

Lizajen

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 7:30 pm
I generally make a big pot of chicken soup, and then freeze just the clear broth, and the chicken in small containers to use each Friday night. Some of my kids will only eat it when it's fresh, because they like all the veggies in it, which don't freeze well. I once tried adding a fresh carrot, to a pot of soup, that I had frozen. The kids said that it tasted like carrot soup, and didn't like it... Any suggestions? Thanx.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 7:39 pm
I always have a carrot in each container of chicken soup I freeze. The carrot stays perfectly as if it were fresh soup. I don't know why people think it's different. Mine has the exact taste and texture( but only carrot, I don't freeze the other veggies)

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 7:39 pm
Cook up cut vegetables with fresh garlic in a little bit of water. When soft, transfer vegetables to soup.

shanie5

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 7:56 pm
I boil lots of chicken or chicken bones with onions and spices. No veggies. I freeze that and when we want chicken soup, I reheat the (rich) broth and add the fresh veggies. to cook. Tastes delish.

loveit

Post Tue, Dec 05 2017, 8:26 pm
OP I do the same as you only when I reheat the broth I add a chopped onion, some chopped celery and carrots and let it simmer until soft. Definitely does not taste like carrot soup, just tastes like really rich chicken soup. Maybe next time add the fresh onion and celery in addition to the carrots.

My broth is made using a whole chicken, tons of onions, garlic, celery, carrots and one or two turnips. I put it up in the morning and let it simmer for about 12 hours before straining. I freeze the broth and shred the chicken to be frozen.

Also when you reheat the soup be sure to add water since it’s so concentrated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics