Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Dog bite

micki

Post Sun, Oct 21 2007, 10:49 pm
B"H my DD is alright, and the wound is minor but it was a pretty scary thing to happen.
we were in the park today and the kids were biking and playing. the baby LOVESLOVES the swing ! he was laughing and giggling away!

there was a big german shepard there with its owner on a leash and the kids went over to see him.
the owner said the dog was friendly and that the kids could pet it. so they did and then the dog jumped up onto dd and bit her.
she comes running over to me crying and I see her shirt is all wet and was wondering why, when she cries to me that it bit her. I pick up her shirt and saw that it bit her on her stomach.
I think I was in shock, never had to deal with something like this before- B"H there was a lady near me on the bench, and I knew enough to get the owners name and address and the lady next to me went to get that. meanwhile I called hubby, and he came running over, then my mother came running over and dd is hysterical, I am thinking rabies oy.
the nice lady said I need to call the police to file a report so we did and my sister got my first aid kit out of the car, and cleaned it up. there were 5 puncture teeth marks and it was bleeding but B"H it was not deep or serious.
the police took our report, and sent us to the hospital and I went with her while hubby took the others home to feed them and put them to bed.
the lady could not be found, (when the police went to her house) so I asked my father to go over and see if he can find her and get the dogs papers. the hopsital said without the papers then dd would need a series of rabies shots. not something I wanted to do.
B"H my father went to her house a few times and finally found her she was hostile and screaming at him but finally gave him the papers.
the hospital was very relieved to get it and so were we, and we got home a few hours later.
now dd is petrified of dogs and keeps feeling that dog jumping on her.
any wise words to help her?
anyway just wanted to share our beautiful afternoon gone scary!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2007, 8:52 pm
micki I know just how you feel. just last week my son was bitten by a dog. B"H it was not serious although he did have to get a few stitches in his leg. B"H the dog had his shots and also do not have to do the rabies shots. my son seems okay about the whole thing but we have not yet passed any dogs and I'm not sure what his reaction will be. I'm kind of dreading it is going to be bad and then wonder how to deal with it. so far taking it one day at a time.

good luck with your daughter and Refuah Shelaima.

anonymous b/c a few ppl. know who my son is
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children