Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Fighting teens!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 10:45 am
I have a few teenage girls and my house feels like world war 3! No one can keep to their own business, always meddling with each other. The fights over who gets dressed first or uses the bathroom first or gets the telephone first are non stop! They fight with me as well, whatever I do is wrong. Apparently I never spend time with any of them, always ask each one to do everything and no one else lifts a finger and don't appreciate anything that they did do!

I'm going out of my mind! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 11:07 am
I have no advice. But your post describes my childhood home pretty much to a T. And all us girls grew up to be normal happy women whom are all exceptionally close. And we are all a tremendous support for each other. Though admittedly we do sometimes still squabble its usually with good humor and blows over before it starts.
I say hats off to all the mom's dealing with this. We for sure gave my mother afew grey hairs and my father a migraine or two.
But now they are so proud of us.

Hope that's already encouraging.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 3:35 pm
Lol. I used to fight with my sister a lot. We're very close today.
I have no advice either for fights between siblings. But when it comes to a fight between you and your teen, don't feed into it. You'll always lose. Engaging in a fight with children is always a lose lose situation. There are many other ways to handle it. For my kids, I use the Adlerian method. It's amazing. Just takes lots of inner self work.
Good luck.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 1:53 am
Sounds like my family. I only have 2 teenage girls - 16 and 11 - 11 is not even officially a teen, but they're always at each others throats.
On the other hand, I have 4 boys sharing a bedroom, from ages 9 - 19 and they are just so peaceful Smile
No advice though. Sorry.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 6:23 am
I feel the same way. I wonder how I can rebuild trust between the sisters.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:23 am
amother wrote:
I have no advice. But your post describes my childhood home pretty much to a T. And all us girls grew up to be normal happy women whom are all exceptionally close. And we are all a tremendous support for each other. Though admittedly we do sometimes still squabble its usually with good humor and blows over before it starts.
I say hats off to all the mom's dealing with this. We for sure gave my mother afew grey hairs and my father a migraine or two.
But now they are so proud of us.

Hope that's already encouraging.

Hey are you my sister? 😜 That sounds like my childhood... we would fight so much but inbetween we had the good times and fun that we do remember

I hope this helps you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children