Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Imamothes please identify ur 'sector'..
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

Which Jewish sector do you identify urself as being part of?
Litvish  
 13%  [ 40 ]
Yeshivish  
 18%  [ 55 ]
Chassidish  
 35%  [ 109 ]
Modern orthodox  
 18%  [ 55 ]
Orthodoz  
 6%  [ 21 ]
Reform/Conservative  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Neither- Please specify below  
 7%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 303

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 1:08 pm
I am often surprised how some posts get so many likes ( eg. I let my girls wear pants until whatever age ), and I thought it would be interesting to see the percentages of different sectors Imamothers users are from.

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 1:12 pm
amother wrote:
I am often surprised how some posts get so many likes ( eg. I let my girls wear pants until whatever age ), and I thought it would be interesting to see the percentages of different sectors Imamothers users are from.

It’s the likes that are bothering you, not the passive aggressive ‘poor you how dare you wear pants and allow your daughters to’ hugs?

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 1:20 pm
Thats exactly the point of this survey!
Based on our different sectors we will find different comments disturbing or not so.
For me, I would just be curious to know where the majority of people responding to my posts are coming from.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 2:43 pm
I am baffled to see that majority people on these forums are modern orthodox. Gosh

water_bear88

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
I am baffled to see that majority people on these forums are modern orthodox. Gosh

Of the Israeli/European/Australian posters- the Americans haven't voted yet.

smile12345

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:

There's only been 11 votes so the percentages don't mean anything.

DrMom

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 3:09 pm
amother wrote:

Why is this baffling?

(BTW, as of this writing, the majority of respondents are not MO, and there are only 12 votes anyway.)

imasoftov

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 3:22 pm
There ought to be a feature where people can bet on how long it's going to take a thread to get locked and there can be side bets about which side will get the last punch in.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 3:38 pm
I voted Yeshivish, but we're also Litvish so I wasn't sure which one to choose.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 4:25 pm
imasoftov wrote:
There ought to be a feature where people can bet on how long it's going to take a thread to get locked and there can be side bets about which side will get the last punch in.

Why an earth would this thread get locked?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
And if the majority were? What would be wrong with that?

And just so you know, I really dont think the majority of posters are MO at all. I beleive they are charedi and more right wing than MO, as Ive seen over the last 12 years ive been on this site.

moonstone

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 4:39 pm
As soon as Shabbat is over in Brooklyn, Lakewood, etc., the percentages will change drastically.

icebreaker

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 5:47 pm
Conservadox

imasoftov

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:12 pm
amother wrote:
Why an earth would this thread get locked?

I'm neither a prophetess nor the daughter of a prophetess.

tigerwife

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:42 pm
I can't fit myself into any of the options you've provided.

Also, "neither" usually refers to none of the two choices provided.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:45 pm
ur right! How do I change a poll option?

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:47 pm
Chassidish is no longer one category so I can't vote.
I'm neutral/lite chassidish, and I don't think you meant me when you gave the option of chassidish. We don't shave our hair, we get college degrees, we drive. But our men wear chassidish levush, we have a rebbe, we send to chassidish oriented schools(as long as they have a good English curriculum). We value learning very much, so maybe we have some yeshivishness too, so confusing. Oh and I don't care till what age anyone wears pants. As long as you're happy I'm happy.

amother
Peach

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:50 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
And if the majority were? What would be wrong with that?

And just so you know, I really dont think the majority of posters are MO at all. I beleive they are charedi and more right wing than MO, as Ive seen over the last 12 years ive been on this site.

In more RW there is

- Yeshivish
- American israeli yeshivish
- Chasidish, and its many many many types
- Sefard RW
- Chareidi

etc.

As someone chareidi, I can tell you there's a BIG difference between many of these groups, and no there are not many chareidim here. I am chareidi. It wasn't on the list though...funny...

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:55 pm
I dont think any of us care until what age anyone wears pants..thats not the point.
The point is just getting to know who the majority of users and responders to our posts are.
U also sound confused where u belong..

tigerwife

Post Sat, Dec 02 2017, 6:55 pm
amother wrote:
In more RW there is

- Yeshivish
- American israeli yeshivish
- Chasidish, and its many many many types
- Sefard RW
- Chareidi

etc.

As someone chareidi, I can tell you there's a BIG difference between many of these groups, and no there are not many chareidim here. I am chareidi. It wasn't on the list though...funny...

I used to think think that chareidi referred to Israeli RW Jews, but on this site I've seen chareidi refer to RW in general. Which is confusing, because you can have American chareidim working and using Internet but that is much rarer in Geulah.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics