Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Help last minute chicken soup

Lizajen

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:10 am
On the shortest Friday of the year, I went to pull a frozen chicken soup, from my freezer, which I was sure that I had, but don't.. Its six hours to shabbos. I can't go out to the store now. In my house I have raw chicken cutlets, a box of manischewitz chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions.. Any good ideas, and amounts for what I can do, at this point? Thanx.

Raisin

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:13 am
1. You don't need chicken soup. Make another type of soup or skip it.

2. I think good soup needs the bones but I might be wrong. You could attempt soup with what you have and see. just throw in a pot, add water and boil.

tweety1

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:30 am
Raisin wrote:
1. You don't need chicken soup. Make another type of soup or skip it.

2. I think good soup needs the bones but I might be wrong. You could attempt soup with what you have and see. just throw in a pot, add water and boil.

U might be pleasantly surprised how it tastes. This past yt, I realized on yt that I forgot to buy ingradients for chulent. I checked my freezer and made a "chulent" out of ground chicken, chicken bones, drumbsticks, tiny drop of beans and barley, and potatoes. My kids keep on begging me to make that chulent again.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:35 am
Lizajen wrote:
On the shortest Friday of the year, I went to pull a frozen chicken soup, from my freezer, which I was sure that I had, but don't.. Its six hours to shabbos. I can't go out to the store now. In my house I have raw chicken cutlets, a box of manischewitz chicken broth, carrots, celery, onions.. Any good ideas, and amounts for what I can do, at this point? Thanx.

As someone else said, you need bones to make chicken broth. But you can make a chicken, vegetable soup. Use the carrots, celery and onions to make a vegetable broth. Combine it with the boxed chicken broth to make a chicken-vegetable broth, and cook the chicken breasts in there.

mommyla

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 10:54 am
Cream of chicken soup:

1 bunch celery
3 potatoes
2 Tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
3/4 pound chicken cutlets
7 c. chicken broth or water+bones
Salt & pepper to taste

Cut celery into chunks and cube potatoes. Heat oil over medium heat. Saute onion until soft. Add celery and saute 3 minutes. Add chicken and potatoes and stir. Add liquid and spices, simmer for 1.5 hours. Blend. Delicious and I love it with matzah balls.

cbg

Post Fri, Dec 08 2017, 1:17 pm
Sauté your veggies first then add stock.
I would use the cutlets for something else, but if you want add it when you add the stock.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics