Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hidden or burried p-nis (1 year old)

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 3:53 pm
My pediatrician told me my son has a hidden p-nis. Does anyone have experience with this? Have you done surgery?
It is very annoying because it’s hard to clean well during diaper changes and baths and I’m worrying about risk of infection.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 3:55 pm
What does your doctor suggest?
My doctor said my son would likely outgrow it, and at around age 2, he did.

Surrendered

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 8:52 pm
No worries. If it would make you feel more at ease, see a urologist.

amother
Green

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:01 pm
My son has a retrusive pns. We saw a pediatric urologist when he was one month old. He said it shouldn't get in the way of any normal function.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Dec 10 2017, 9:14 pm
Surrendered wrote:
No worries. If it would make you feel more at ease, see a urologist.

I’m not worried about it but I don’t want him to live with this the rest of his life. I want to know if other boys have outgrown or if they had surgery.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 12:32 am
My DS had it as an infant. The doctor said he would outgrow it and he did.
In fact, I had completely forgotten about it until it came up here.

weasley

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:15 am
My pediatrician said most kids outgrow it but shed suggest having a check up - I think it was at 3 yrs old so see if he has outgrown it bc if not it's worth having surgery.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:41 am
All 4 of my sons had it and by the time toilet training came around it was no longer a problem. Our pediatrician told us it would resolve on its own and it did. (we used to call it a turtle p-nis- cuz it was hiding : ) )

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 7:58 pm
My son had it and it worried me too when he was a baby (9-10 months old). The doctor told me he won’t go under the chuppah this way SmileSmile Sure enough he outgrew it at about 2 years old.

(I heard from another doctor that once the child walks it corrects itself as it’s exercising the skin.)

But be sure to gently clean it and put cream around it to keep it moist.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 9:57 pm
Not sure if this is what my son has but my pediatrician said he would outgrow it . He hasn’t yet and it’s tough with the toilet training. His p-nis does come out but only if u pull it out a bit which I have to do otherwise his pee will go straight it ! He has nothing to grasp on to otherwise.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:
Not sure if this is what my son has but my pediatrician said he would outgrow it . He hasn’t yet and it’s tough with the toilet training. His p-nis does come out but only if u pull it out a bit which I have to do otherwise his pee will go straight it ! He has nothing to grasp on to otherwise.

This is what I’m worried about. Surgery on a 1 year old is much easier, he won’t remember it. I’m concerned it won’t get better. To be perfectly honest I’m pretty sure DH has the same thing and now that my pediatrician has given it a name. I’m worried DS will be stuck with the same issues that DH has with his p-nis.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 10:40 pm
Do you think it has to do with the way the bris was done ??

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:01 pm
My son outgrew it but not till 8 or 9 years old- though we were told he would outgrow it earlier. It is not due to the way the way the bris was done. We checked with a pediatrician and urologist and they both said it is not from the bris but more because of fatty skin around it or something like that. Adolescent hormones also make it come out more.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Dec 11 2017, 11:30 pm
Had the same thing with my DS (now 10)
We went to 3 different pediatric urologists and 2 pediatricians, they all said if it’s within normal range for width it’s not a problem, and that he might always be on the smaller side but it should not affect his life in any way, or he will outgrow the problem by puberty.
I can’t verify if he outgrew it yet because I haven’t seen DS privates in many years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics