Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Ques about melting ice cream please help!

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 6:45 am
If I melt a regulr mehadrin bucket of ice cream into dreidel molds and refreeze, will they be a good consistency or does the ice cream turn hard?

imasoftov

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:50 am
amother wrote:
If I melt a regulr mehadrin bucket of ice cream into dreidel molds and refreeze, will they be a good consistency or does the ice cream turn hard?

While the laws of history may not apply to us, mehadrin food follows the same laws of physics as other food. Melting and refreezing ice cream lets the air escape, what makes ice cream creamy and not rocklike is air that was folded in. However if you only let it get soft enough to put in molds and then refreeze it, you will get better results.

amother
White

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 7:57 am
imasoftov wrote:
While the laws of history may not apply to us, mehadrin food follows the same laws of physics as other food. Melting and refreezing ice cream lets the air escape, what makes ice cream creamy and not rocklike is air that was folded in. However if you only let it get soft enough to put in molds and then refreeze it, you will get better results.

Lol ok I didn’t mean Mehadrin per se, but I was just wondering if it can work.
I’ll leave it semi frozen I guess, thanks

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Dec 13 2017, 8:02 am
imasoftov wrote:

Some “ice cream” including ‘Heimish brands’ is actually a frozen desert (doesn’t meet the ingredients requirementsvto be called ice cream) which seems to miraculously hold its shape while thawing ( the dairy and parve stuff).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen